Hide
4 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tomble Burrowell Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Doe
msg tools
So I had a couple of (hopefully) quick questions about this character.

1) Can he use his heroic feat to appear through a closed door?

2) Tomble is standing adjacent to a knight with defense training, an equipped shield and leather armor. Does he get the the 2 extra brown dice in addition to the character's silver die when he is attacked?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amish Cow

New York
msg tools
mbmbmb
mixis wrote:
So I had a couple of (hopefully) quick questions about this character.

1) Can he use his heroic feat to appear through a closed door?

2) Tomble is standing adjacent to a knight with defense training, an equipped shield and leather armor. Does he get the the 2 extra brown dice in addition to the character's silver die when he is attacked?

Thanks in advance!

In the official FAQ:
Q: When counting spaces for skills and abilities, such as the Thief skill "greedy" do other figures block the path? How about doors?
A: When counting spaces like this, players ignore all other figures on the path. Unless line of sight is specifically stated as a requirement, figures only need to be in range for these skills or abilities to work. However, doors do block this path. A thief cannot use "greedy" through a door because he cannot count spaces through the door.

I do not believe you can use his feat through a door for the same reason you cannot use greedy through a door
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as the second question goes, I believe he would add all of the Knight's defense dice. It says to add the adjacent player's defense pool to his own, so I'd rule that in the situation described, Tomble would roll two grey and two brown defense dice. He would not, however, have the other bonuses of the armor and shield (no extra HP or rerolls).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another point about doors, when a door is closed, the spaces are no longer considered adjacent, so nothing can be traced through them. When using Tomble's ability, you have to trace adjacent squares, and the door removes this adjacency.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.