BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Boardgame like Myst et al. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jane doe
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My husband really really loves PC games where a number of puzzles need to be completed along the way to victory.

I think waaay back I had a Aztec PC game that did a similar thing where codes needed to be broken and mazes, mind games, a problems needed to be solved. Myst is another example of this type of game.

Is there such thing in a boardgame?

To be painful we don't just want a puzzle game where the same puzzle is being undertaken over and over (a tetris game for example).

Also we want something that involves at least a small amount of strategy.

Is there any such boardgame?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I've not played it, the first game I thought of was Tobago.

I'm sure others will have better suggestions, but at least that gets you started!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mansions of Madness has puzzles similar to those found in Myst.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ubongo is a neat time challenge (spacial) puzzle game. Unlike it's successors it also has a bit of a strategy element in picking the gems from the board. If you're serious about strategy there you'll sometime want to come in second instead of first...

Uluru is another time challenge (logic) puzzle game but lacks any strategic depth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.