Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » NSW (Sydney)

Subject: Buying in Games Paradise website & pickup? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kaijiun Cheang
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all,

I am interested in buying one of their game given that I had accumulate some reward points to offset some cost. My problem is that the delivery is quite high for just one game and I am in good location to pick the game up myself.

I tried to go to internet checkout and see if there is any pick up options available but apparently none. I just wondered has anyone tried to order over internet and pick up from them before? If so, how?

Thanks for any tips.

Just another question. Should this thread go to discuss retailer or just keep it here? Since the website is Australia based.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I'm aware, the store and the on-line site are run as two separate entities, even though they share the same name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From their website
Games Paradise FAQ wrote:
Q. Can I pick the game up myself?

A. In limited circumstances we are more than happy for you to collect from our warehouse. From time to time, we will offer collection special pick up times. This will be displayed on the website and communicated to our Members.

and the warehouse is in Marrickville.

So ring them up and ask.

Edit: I should add that I have not tried this before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(standing by for usual GP-flaming)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Nguyen
Australia
Bungarribee
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear Dr Nick is a total looney...shake

Haw, haw...I couldn't resist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whale
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From their FAQ page:

GP Website wrote:

A. In limited circumstances we are more than happy for you to collect from our warehouse. From time to time, we will offer collection special pick up times. This will be displayed on the website and communicated to our Members.

Not sure that helps much, but I think it means we don't normally do this, but will tell you if we do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaijiun Cheang
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmb
Orca_au wrote:
From their FAQ page:

GP Website wrote:

Not sure that helps much, but I think it means we don't normally do this, but will tell you if we do.

That's what i thought. That's why putting up to ask if there is any people tried before. But thanks for all for the input though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.