Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Colony token replace the Base Camp so that a player uses either one or the other?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Roberts
United Kingdom
Burton On Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Sysop of "Big Bang Burger Bar" Forum (www.bigbangburgerbar.co.uk)
badge
Organiser of "Raiders of the Game Cupboard" (www.raidersofthegamecupboard.co.uk)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I believe so.

Not tried my copy yet but my quick read of the rules menas the stickers for the new pieces go on the back of the old ones. Thus each game the players select which pieces of the two sets they are going to use.

Quote:
Before the game begins, each player secretly chooses troops that make up his expeditionary force. To do this, he chooses which side of each of his wooden tokens will be used for this game.
Important : Tokens cannot be turned over during the game !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Indeed,

At the beginning of the game you choose which side and then you cannot change them. Since the colony and base camp are two sides of the same token you must stick to one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that makes sense since the Colony and Base Camp are on the same token! Thanks. I want this expansion. I may have to bight the bullet and pay for over seas shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a side note... One thing I find interesting about this expansion is that once the stickers are applied, there is really no way to un-integrate the expansion short of peeling off (and probably ruining) the extra stickers. It is now a part of the base game, so the two are forever married. Obviously, one can choose not to play with the new expansion modules, but it isn't easily pulled out for trade/sale at a later date. Just something to think about...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks C.G. So you can still play the base game with the new stickers, you just couldn't sell or trade the expansion. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rogerramjet3361 wrote:
Thanks C.G. So you can still play the base game with the new stickers, you just couldn't sell or trade the expansion. Correct?

Correct, unless you were somehow able to successfully remove the stickers and put back on the sticker sheet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.