Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If the Confederates roll the dreaded '1' during a battle in a theater where the Army R&R chit is in play, can play of the Rebel Yell card overturn this result with the re-roll? Or is the issue moot with the Army R&R chit already removed? That is, the Confederates can refight the battle, but the Army R&R chit is already lost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans von Stockhausen

California
msg tools
Don't have the rules with me so I need to think this one through. I'll get back with you.

Hans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I played it as follows:

1) Removed the R&R chit due to the '1' die roll. Obviously, the battle was lost.
2) Played the Rebel Yell card to retrieve the situation. Alas, the benefits of R&R were already lost and I was forced to rely on the elan of the rebel troops.

My thinking is the rules should be followed in strict sequence. The R&R chit is lost at the moment of the die roll. However, the outcome of the battle can be altered by play of the Rebel Yell card.

If I played this incorrectly, I'd be interested in the rationale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans von Stockhausen

California
msg tools
Hi David,

I can't fault your logic, and agree with your interpretation. The Advanced game Example of Play illustrates this example but doesn't explain the logic saying only "Per the cards instructions, there are no DRMs for this reroll; This is Johnny Reb's battle, not Polk's"
The point of the RR chit is got you to the battle in the first place.
BTW I'll get back to you on other projects in due time.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Hans
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.