Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Billaud
France
La roche sur yon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, me again blush

Mostly clarifications more than questions :

HQ combat support can be used by the defenser, I guess of course ?
Can a HQ give 2 combat support for one combat i.e. 4 column shifts ?

I just finished the first turn : it s addicting, it's fun, it s subtle. It rocks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
solea wrote:
Hey, me again blush

Mostly clarifications more than questions :

HQ combat support can be used by the defenser, I guess of course ?
Can a HQ give 2 combat support for one combat i.e. 4 column shifts ?

No, just one use per combat. It could support two different combats in the same combat phase, just not the same one twice.

Quote:

I just finished the first turn : it s addicting, it's fun, it s subtle. It rocks.

Thanks, I appreciate that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Billaud
France
La roche sur yon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And what about the Combat support in defense ? Is it allowed ?

I ask because in most of cases, the defender can deny the 2 column shifts simply in suporting combat as well. It makes detection and raid/strike against HQ very very important.

The other soution is to mix 2 different formations to allow more than 1 HQ to support.

Actually I find very very hard for the NPRK to fight through the DMZ and as well through the highlands and the moutains. His planes doesn't have good Combat air support...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
solea wrote:
And what about the Combat support in defense ? Is it allowed ?

Yes.

Quote:

I ask because in most of cases, the defender can deny the 2 column shifts simply in suporting combat as well. It makes detection and raid/strike against HQ very very important.

The other soution is to mix 2 different formations to allow more than 1 HQ to support.

Good tactics, although I've actually come to prefer the alternate HQ Support rules (which can be found in the Alternate Rules of Play online:

Quote:

Actually I find very very hard for the NPRK to fight through the DMZ and as well through the highlands and the moutains. His planes doesn't have good Combat air support...

No, they don't. The NKPA has numbers, but the airframes and capabilities are severely lacking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Billaud
France
La roche sur yon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just downloaded the alternate rules.

They look very interesting, particulary the detection for CAS.

They look in the south favor no ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
solea wrote:
I just downloaded the alternate rules.

They look very interesting, particulary the detection for CAS.

They look in the south favor no ?

The HQ support rules probably favor the ROK/US a little more. The CAS rules fvor the defender, more the ROK/US, except when a counterattack occurs via amphib/airborne/air assault in the north. I do feel that they capture "how things work" a little more accurately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.