Subject: Is It A Good Idea To Play With More Buildings By Combining 2 Sets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Chen
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone has any opinion on the question above? I wonder if playing with more buildings will significantly up the fun factor but potentially drag out the game?

Thanks in advance to those who respond!

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Los 28
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Mark,
This is exactly what we have done. When I first purchased my copy of Monopoly City, I ordered an additional set of buildings directly from Hasbro, for approx USD $4 (no addl shipping charges). The extra set sent to me included ALL buildings, but we only play our game with the extra set of residential buildings.

So, yes ...... if you can get a hold of just a set of extra residential buildings, then I think it increases the "fun factor." It does not "drag out the game." If anything, it helps to decrease the time (slightly), as there are more blocks on each property and thus more to pay your opponents when landing there (so players tend to go bankrupt faster).

But, other than residential buildings (and possibly also industrial buildings), I dont recommend playing with any more of the other type of buildings.
meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chen
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Los 28,

Thank you for your prompt and helpful reply! I shall consider your suggestion seriously, though I actually own 2 full copies of the game. Wondering if I should not sell the second copy after all...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Retallack
msg tools
How do you order extra buildings from them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Los 28
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
squirrelpup wrote:
How do you order extra buildings from them?

squirrelpup,
When I purchased my extra buildings, I went to the Hasbro website and ordered them directly that way.
I just went to their website, and I cannot find that they are selling parts for Monopoly City. The game is no longer in print, so I don't think it is possible to buy them anymore.

Sometimes, manufactures still do have the parts, but don't advertise them on their websites when a game is no longer in print. I would call their customer service department and speak to them directly.

The HasbroToyShop.com Customer Service Center can be reached at
Phone: 1-800-408-0052

Good luck.
meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.