Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Francis
Wales
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion
flag msg tools
badge
“"To Aetius, now consul for the third time: the groans of the Britons ... The barbarians drive us to the sea; the sea throws us back on the barbarians: thus two modes of death await us, we are either slain or drowned".” ―Gildas
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been thinking about all the possible expansions to Panzer and I can think of a few obvious ones.

Blitzkrieg in the East (Poland) and West (France).
The Desert War.
Finland (Winter War and Later).
The Italian Campaign.

(Desert War and Italian Campaign could probably be part of the same expansion)

What else?

The Far East? Other historical periods? Will we ever see the German "Maus" tank?

What would you like to see or are looking forward to and why?

Part of me is thinking that apart from playing a handful of operational wargames and the occasional block wargame Panzer "is it" for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
The Desert War gets my vote. I liked playing '88' as a change from Panzer due to the (vastly) different tank and terrain types found there, and the respective tactics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
David Ells wrote:
The Desert War gets my vote. I liked playing '88' as a change from Panzer due to the (vastly) different tank and terrain types found there, and the respective tactics.

I agree with David.
The African campaign would be a must and a excellent turn in the Panzer series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless things change dramatically, North Africa should be up right after Expansion 3. Given that it'll require new art for all of the German vehicle and infantry counters, it may release as a complete game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
mongoose27 wrote:
Unless things change dramatically, North Africa should be up right after Expansion 3. Given that it'll require new art for all of the German vehicle and infantry counters, it may release as a complete game.

I only have the base game as of now, will the new expansion require 2 and 3 to play the new planned one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
mbmbmbmbmb
mongoose27 wrote:

Jim - Thanks for this news! It is very welcome. To borrow a phrase from
Rob Francis
Wales
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion
flag msg tools
badge
“"To Aetius, now consul for the third time: the groans of the Britons ... The barbarians drive us to the sea; the sea throws us back on the barbarians: thus two modes of death await us, we are either slain or drowned".” ―Gildas
mbmbmbmbmb
above, it is nice enough when you find a game that "is it"; when that game turns out to be as well managed as Panzer is, well, it is great to be a wargamer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Francis
Wales
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! I was thinking that the terrain in N Africa might not be well represented by the current maps and we would need an uber set of new desert maps.

I Must find my desert goggles and read yet another biography of Rommel sometime in the new year to get me in the mood. It won't be difficult!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Francis
Wales
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we ever likely to see winter themed / campaign specific expansions?

For example, Korsun-Cherkassy Pocket or Stalingrad with sexy winter coloured tanks and appropriate winter maps (and city for Stalingrad)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
mongoose27 wrote:

Jim

That would be great!
When can I support in the P500...
I think a lot of us would be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McCarthy
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this for the first time over the weekend and I am hooked. It's a great game! I wonder if it will go into the modern era?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
charlescab wrote:
I only have the base game as of now, will the new expansion require 2 and 3 to play the new planned one?

No, ownership of 2 & 3 isn't required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas-Of-Ultramar wrote:
Just played this for the first time over the weekend and I am hooked. It's a great game! I wonder if it will go into the modern era?

It's coming. I'm in the process of putting the new version of MBT together for posting on GMT P500 page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McCarthy
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mongoose27 wrote:

It's coming. I'm in the process of putting the new version of MBT together for posting on GMT P500 page.

Well, count me as getting you one closer to 500 when it posts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steinar Vilnes
Norway
TØNBERG
flag msg tools
Just a little bit curious about what nations and time periods MBT will include? Will it feature swedish tanks for example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
mongoose27 wrote:
Thomas-Of-Ultramar wrote:

Colour me well chuffed.

I still have the original MBT, but she's looking a bit ragged now.

Great news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lundin
Sweden
Lund
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original MBT had Swedish tanks. At least the strv 130-series (S-tank) and the IKV 90 light tank, and also the pbv (as far as I remember).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you going to fold IDF into the new MBT? Seeing as the whole NATO/Warsaw Pact thing never came to pass without the IDF stuff you'll be short on scenario materials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Ahrendt
Germany
Hürth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would like to see North Africa next and the Western Front Action 1940: Early War Tank Battles in France, The French had some cool Tanks. Would be nice to see them in action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
attlia wrote:
Would like to see North Africa next and the Western Front Action 1940: Early War Tank Battles in France, The French had some cool Tanks. Would be nice to see them in action.

I agree with Oliver. That would be a nice implementation on the sistem.

I played very well by now with the basic rules, now I must take a leap into the advanced rules. I should implement which rules on the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Ahrendt
Germany
Hürth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mongoose27 wrote:

Wow! A complete Game for the desert front! That would be it. Any ideas when this will hit GMT's P 500?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
attlia wrote:
mongoose27 wrote:

Wow! A complete Game for the desert front! That would be it. Any ideas when this will hit GMT's P 500?

I hope it will be fast...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
SteViln wrote:
Just a little bit curious about what nations and time periods MBT will include? Will it feature swedish tanks for example?

The new MBT is set in 1987. So, it has a hypothetical/historical flare. The plan is to have USA, Soviet, FRG, and Brits and any other nations that can garner enough orders through the P500 process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Joelist wrote:
Are you going to fold IDF into the new MBT? Seeing as the whole NATO/Warsaw Pact thing never came to pass without the IDF stuff you'll be short on scenario materials.

The plan is to release IDF as its own stand alone product, not part of MBT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
attlia wrote:

I already have all of the French 1940 stuff worked up from the miniature rules. I'm all for making that part of the new boardgame version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Tyman
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
any other nations that can garner enough orders through the P500 process.

So that is a yes on the S-Tank... whistle

If so, would like to see how turret hits are handled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.