Subject: Game Designer - Name Change rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
If a game designer changes their name (either from getting married or some other reason) do games published after the change get listed under the same name or the new one? Both? Is there a way to list the change?

Case in point, "Anne Siegert" is now "Anne Thomas".
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/search.php3?designerid=2928

Since I wasn't sure, I just submitted a game to the database with the author's old name not the new one. (So the tie to the previously designed games was there.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Lanza
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunno how the database was designed, but it should consider any given designer a single entity; so when her name is updated it should be reflected universally.

The name could be listed as "Anne (Siegert) Thomas."

My 2 cents. Really depends on how the database was designed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I was wondering what the offical BGG stance on this was?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.