Popular Tags: [View All]
David Sharrock
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've been fascinated recently by game where you're not directly in control of the "actors" in the game. Games like Imperial and Princes of the Renaissance where the players are almost playing the "meta-game".

But, unsurprisingly perhaps, they seem a rare fruit. Other than the Warfrog trilogy, does anyone know of any other examples?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Airlines Europe. Not that I am recommending this as a game to play, mind you. But some people love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sharrock
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lacreighton wrote:
Airlines Europe. Not that I am recommending this as a game to play, mind you. But some people love it.

Thanks for that! From looking at it, and seemingly related games like Clippers and Union Pacific (and all the 18xx's), I think that it's the city/states and territory/influence that's tickling my fancy rather than the economic side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geronimo ? Maybe too much of a wargame, but actually this game is a pretty weird beast.
Age of Gods may be more of what you are looking for, but fantasy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2019: The ARCTIC may work. Though players are in control of their own companies, they only indirectly control the countries that determine how and where those companies can operate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sicaria Occaeco
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
18xx
Chicago Express
Indonesia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.