Subject: Game complexity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I have an eight year old very interested in Talisman. He plays without problem with nearly all expansions. He's a great reader. I'm looking for a cooperative game and this looked like it might fit the bill. Is it more complex than talisman? Is it the simplest of these types of games from WOTC?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If he can handle Talisman, he should have no problems with this one, although there is more text to read. I'd say Castle Ravenloft, being the first of the series, is the most simple, Stances in LoD add a level of complexity, but LoD is also the easiest, while CR is downright mean laugh .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
If he can handle Talisman, he should have no problems with this one, although there is more text to read. I'd say Castle Ravenloft, being the first of the series, is the most simple, Stances in LoD add a level of complexity, but LoD is also the easiest, while CR is downright mean :laugh: .

I would have to agree with that. The card text is pretty easy to follow. I started with Castle Ravenloft when my son was nine and he has played all three now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My nephews - 7 and 8 - play this with very little guidance. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My girl started playing when she was 6... there is a card that lists the steps for the turns.. each player can have one of these cards in front of them to refer to... though, it probably won't be needed after a few turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thx all!! How is Ashardalon compared to this? The premise seems more in line with what my son likes. Any pros cons between the two for an eight year old?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cr is harder. WoA has campaing rules and treasure tokens.
Cr has many undeads.
WoA has devil legion and some bizarre monster (abbominations).
I prefer the Cr adventures. The most creative, funny, deadly and awesome from all 3 games. Mission impossible: beat that and you can play anything! (solo adventure)
The game rules are the same for all 3 games. Pick one you like and You will be fine.

Protip: Get all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.