Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Aristoocrazy» Forums » General

Subject: anyone who tried this game, let us know what you think about it please! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Fiorucci
Italy
Sansepolcro
Arezzo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
i like the idea of the game, but unfortunately i couldn't find any reviews posted online.. so, before buying it i'd like to hear what you think about it! thank you very much,
regards,
Pablo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Chudý
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
I have played it, but we did not even finish the game.

My quick subjective summary:

1. basic idea is very interesting and funny.
2. Rules are terrible - the way they are written
3. Game somehow does not work

The way that cross-breeding generates idiots is very funny, especially when it happends to your opponent. But it seems it does not really matter if your character has one or two stupidity genes (it is not possible to figure out from the rules, if two stupidity genes per character are allowed), he will just produce tokens of the third gene.

From the few rounds we layed it seems, that the best way to get points is to fight (I am OK with it), but to fight with opponent's "cooperation" }which is not right].
You attack opposing character with 5 tokens, he does not defend and you score 5 victory points. Then he attacks you with 5 tokens, you do not defend and he scores 5 victory points. You have each spent 5 tokens and gained 5 VP. If he defended his character in the fight, you would both have spent 5 tokens and no one would get any points.
That is just broken...

As I wrote, rules are terrible. Ambiguous in every paragraph, complicated wording (with no real purpose), no pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiri Jiraman Mikolas
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
From the few rounds we layed it seems, that the best way to get points is to fight (I am OK with it), but to fight with opponent's "cooperation" }which is not right].
You attack opposing character with 5 tokens, he does not defend and you score 5 victory points. Then he attacks you with 5 tokens, you do not defend and he scores 5 victory points. You have each spent 5 tokens and gained 5 VP. If he defended his character in the fight, you would both have spent 5 tokens and no one would get any points.
That is just broken...

Where did you find this rule. In the game there is no such situation that you can score 5 victory points in one battle? You probably play a different game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Chudý
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Where did you find this rule. In the game there is no such situation that you can score 5 victory points in one battle? You probably play a different game.[/q]

Yes. I have taken a look at English rules which are posted here and you are right. You are gaining Fighting points (FP), so it is clearly distinguished from Victory points.
Unfortunatelly it was probaly not so clearly distinguished in Czech rules in the box that we were using...
I can not check that though, I do not have these czech rules on hand.

I apparently misunderstod the rules.
Mea culpa, but more so of the rules designer

I am not going to re-evaluate my opinion of the game. Rulebook design is important part of game design, and rules in this game are a terrible job. You could use some rules-writing seminars (I think Jakub Tesinsky was organizing some).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Auer
Germany
Landshut
Bayern
flag msg tools
Hey folks, stop squabbling! BGG is not the right place for airing one´s frustration Let´s play games to have fun, there´s no need to play a game if it doesn´t meet one´s taste. A true game geek is broad-minded, isn´t he/she?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archibald Longdale
Hungary
Budapest - Szentendre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert, You are quite right. Although I translated the whole rules to Hungarian, still remained a few vague spots in the game. I bought the game at Essen, but we can not play it based on these rules.

There is not enough information about the custom dice also. Which sticker goes next to which one? Jiri shall add some pictures that makes it obvious.

The most important thing is that the rules are unordered, furthermore there is a lack of images and examples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.