Popular Tags: BGGCON2012 [+] [View All]
Fire Lord
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a first-timer to BGG.CON, I just wanted to give a huge thank you to all of you who organized and ran the con.

It was a fantastic experience! You should be proud of what you have created. You have crafted an environment where I felt comfortable and welcomed.

Now I just need to figure out how I can go in 2013.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lainie Theys
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just run the background stuff, it's the attendees that make it so much fun! Glad you had a good time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kinard
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really think that the success of the con has everything to do with the fact that everyone (both staff and attendees) are working together towards the same goal... everyone having the best gaming experience that they can have.

When you basically get 2000 folks in harmony like that, it's pretty much impossible to not have something cool happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Babbaloie wrote:
I really think that the success of the con has everything to do with the fact that everyone (both staff and attendees) are working together towards the same goal...

See, I typically don't like cooperative games...

I must concur with my roomie and travelling buddy, Steve: an amazingly fun experience. The thing that makes BGG special, and keeps me coming back, is the real sense of community here. This was simply manifested and amplified at the con. Thanks to everybody - it will be a long-treasured lifetime memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Peterson
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
My hovercraft is full of eels!
mbmbmbmbmb
As a second timer, I'll add my thanks too!

Thanks for another great Con. The new hotel was great. Counting the days till next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Despres
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
Saints are 4-4!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to make a thread for thanks, but then I found this one.

I only missed the first con, and I was a bit wary of the new, larger con in the new building. Baseless worries. I had a lot of fun at this one and I appreciate the new space. It's nice to see tables almost ALWAYS open in the main ballroom. And the fact that there was less noise in there than the smaller Westin ballroom is a plus.

I really wanted to thank the organizers as a group, too. It's amazing how few things actually go wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Taylor
Canada
Hanover
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
An unofficial BGG meeple person! Ready for action!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is amazing to hear. It gives me reason to go next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
FIRST TIMER WOOO!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
United States
Centennial
Colorado (CO)
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
rossum wrote:
FIRST TIMER WOOO!!!!!!!!

I swear Mischa said that to over half of the first timers this year. I think we need to have it on a loop at the reg desk next year. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Meledeo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lil Red Head wrote:
rossum wrote:
FIRST TIMER WOOO!!!!!!!!

I swear Mischa said that to over half of the first timers this year. I think we need to have it on a loop at the reg desk next year. devil

I was a recipient of one of those wooos, and it was really appreciated. I definitely felt welcomed by everyone the whole week. The amount of people willing to teach games was really a beautiful thing, and I'm glad I got to return the favor once before the end of the con.

I can't wait until next year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
meledeo wrote:
The amount of people willing to teach games was really a beautiful thing, and I'm glad I got to return the favor once before the end of the con.

You get victory points for teaching games to strangers. Didn't anyone tell you that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Weiss
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roseundy wrote:
As a first-timer to BGG.CON, I just wanted to give a huge thank you to all of you who organized and ran the con.

It was a fantastic experience! You should be proud of what you have created. You have crafted an environment where I felt comfortable and welcomed.

Now I just need to figure out how I can go in 2013.

Yes, a huge thank you to the organizers. I really hope they had just as much fun as the attendees. They must have invested a tonne of time into making this a success and it is greatly appreciated.

I was not often enough that I saw a person in a BGG jersey actually sitting down and playing so I want them to know that their hard work and sacrifice did not go unnoticed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I know a number of first-timers looked like they didn't want a WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! but I started a trend. Everyone at BGG.Con was once a first-timer, and part of making the con awesome is welcoming and celebrating new friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.