United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
Had my first play of this last week, and wow - it was really great. Tight resource management, fascinating auctions, and more player interaction than many euros.

Anyway, the rules don't mention the cloth bag. What are you using them for? Actions? Furs? We didn't use it at all until we needed to restock the fur supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you enjoyed the game!

I was surprised that the bag was included, as we had originally decided that it would be too expensive and we wanted to have lots of other nice bits instead, while still keeping the cost of the game reasonable.

My prototype had a cloth bag for the fur tiles, however, as it reduced the time to prepare for the game. Rather than having to make sure all the fur tiles in the reserve were face-down, you could simply keep them in the bag and draw them as needed.

But since White Goblin Games was not going to include it, we took it out of the rules.

Now that the bag has been included, I have, of course, been using it for the furs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
Right-o. I think we got all the rules. Thanks for the fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
We have used them instinctively for the furs. It made no sense for us to use it for the action marks.

Also, we just threw all used furs directly back into the bag...
I really don't see the impact on the gameplay whether I throw them directly back or not...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gerrits
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
We have used them instinctively for the furs. It made no sense for us to use it for the action marks.

I really don't see the impact on the gameplay whether I throw them directly back or not...

It could introduce an unfair amount of luck. A player could take a muskrat fur in his first turn and never see another muskrat fur during the rest of the game because the furs you keep putting back in the bag keep getting redrawn instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Runkst wrote:
Almecho wrote:

It could introduce an unfair amount of luck. A player could take a muskrat fur in his first turn and never see another muskrat fur during the rest of the game because the furs you keep putting back in the bag keep getting redrawn instead.

Luck is never unfair - its just luck!
You always see what furs are on display and can always take the best set (for you). Except if you are draw from the bag through the black market.

I would say, that the immediate return of the furs in the bag has no real impact on the gameplay...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a small red bag for the Action discs.
I use a larger white bag for the fur tiles.

I use the huge bag supplied for all the many tiles in Galaxy trucker Anniversary Edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
I use a small red bag for the Action discs.
I use a larger white bag for the fur tiles.

I use the huge bag supplied for all the many tiles in Galaxy trucker Anniversary Edition

Now THAT's an efficient mix-and-match of game accessories!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
I would say, that the immediate return of the furs in the bag has no real impact on the gameplay...

I assume by "no real impact" you actually mean "not much impact".

Putting the furs back in the bag makes it a little harder to plan for the future. If you don't do that much anyway, you won't notice much of a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.