Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Hall
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"...This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."-- John 6:29
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this yet, but after going over the rules I have these questions:

1. Why would one want to buy a guidebook?

2. On the board are pictures of a ladder and a knotted rope going into or out of the White tower. Can a player use these as shortcuts?

3. The rules state: "To launch an attack, you must throw a number at least sufficient to ensure you land on the same square as your opponent." Does this phrase ("at least sufficient") mean you don't have to take your complete dice throw but only move as far as the square you mean to land on for the attack? Seems kind of vague.

That's all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Woodbury
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's the answers as I understand it...do not take that I am an expert.

1. No one would want to buy a guidebook, it's simply a ruse to explain why you lost a turn.
2. You can use the shortcuts once you're accredited, from the wall into the inner places or from the White Tower out.

3. I found this question interesting, because my rules do not state any dice are thrown. My copy states: "the announce their intention to attack at the beginning of a turn and no dice are thrown." it then goes into the mechanic of how battle is accomplished, and that's it. My question was going to be about if there was any proximity requirements.

If anyone else has the answer, let me know. I think I'm going to use your rules and I would think that your interpretation is accurate. It would be difficult to have to roll an exact number of squares.

I don't know if that helps, but let me know if you have newer rules. My rules are copywrite 1992.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Miller
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Question 3: Correct, you don't have to use your entire roll (land on the same space with an exact roll)...something quite difficult to achieve unless you are in the Inner Ward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 3: My 1992 rules say (attack subsection 3) that a winning attacker assumes the loser's position on the board, which suggests they don't have to move there first ? And (#5) if defender plays a sanctuary card, the attacker retains their position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.