Hide
10 Posts

Star Trek: Fleet Captains – Romulan Empire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Emergency cloaking ends movement, right? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
If I use 5 movement to cloak, does that interrupt movement, nothing more to do, or to I get to move after cloaked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
If I use 5 movement to cloak, does that interrupt movement, nothing more to do, or to I get to move after cloaked?

I don't have the rules handy, but my guess is "no." I assume it works the same way as the I.K.S. Klothos from the base game. That is, you may cloak at the beginning of your movement and spend any remaining move points for the rest of your movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yup, that is how I interpret this as well. States in the rule-book: "you may do so as part of your movement".. so if you have 3 remaining movement points after this action, you can spend these as the rest of your movement action. Won't get very far though lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
If I can use remaining movement, do I deduct 5 from the movement one has while cloaked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
If I can use remaining movement, do I deduct 5 from the movement one has while cloaked?

It costs 5 points to cloak. That's it. If you had 9, you now have 4. Next turn, you're cloaked just like normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
You're cloakded NEXT turn? Not the same turn? So I put the cloak token down at the end of my turn, so I could still turn enconter tiles before the cloak takes effect? Weird stuff is happening

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
You're cloakded NEXT turn? Not the same turn? So I put the cloak token down at the end of my turn, so I could still turn enconter tiles before the cloak takes effect? Weird stuff is happening

ARRRRRRG

No.

You are cloaked immediately AND still next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
conedguy wrote:

ARRRRRRG

No.

You are cloaked immediately AND still next turn.
Correct. It just slows you down a bit. Also, no sensor echo. To make one you HAVE to use an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

But what if your ship has movement of 5 an at the beginning of your movement you spend those 5 points to cloak, but in cloaked state you have movement of 10 does that leave you another 5 points of movement to spend (so you can move the ship)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. I guess if you are taking the full 10 then you are, in a sense, restarting your move, so you should only be able to move as much as your ship had for movement when it started its move (since movement can't be interrupted by a power adjustment and then resumed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.