Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Posey
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game last night for the first time and had a lot of fun. I was thinking about getting it, but then started reading some of the comments here that said the game had a rich getting richer problem. That didn't seem to be a problem, but it might be hard to tell after only one play.

The only thing I could think of was that this might be a problem if people aren't aggressive enough, but the ability to devalue stock makes it appear that this really shouldn't be a problem. What does everyone else think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mst3k4L wrote:
I played this game last night for the first time and had a lot of fun. I was thinking about getting it, but then started reading some of the comments here that said the game had a rich getting richer problem. That didn't seem to be a problem, but it might be hard to tell after only one play.

The only thing I could think of was that this might be a problem if people aren't aggressive enough, but the ability to devalue stock makes it appear that this really shouldn't be a problem. What does everyone else think?

It is a volatile game, but it's tough to trap a savvy player. I've noticed the "rich get richer" problem is more prevalent in games with small numbers of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Posey
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:
mst3k4L wrote:

It is a volatile game, but it's tough to trap a savvy player. I've noticed the "rich get richer" problem is more prevalent in games with small numbers of players.

There were 4 of us, so maybe that is why it didn't appear to be a problem. The rich getting richer was also a problem in Acquire, and appears to be even more so since stock prices never decrease. Acquire is a good game though, even with that issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.