9 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wyldside with no cards in stack? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S. R.
Germany
flag msg tools
What happens? Click spent though, leaving 3 clicks for the rest of the game even if no cards drawable anymore? runner loses game when no possibility of drawing but forced by wyldside?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benedetto Loffredo
Italy
Portici (NA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ra1d wrote:
What happens? Click spent though, leaving 3 clicks for the rest of the game even if no cards drawable anymore? runner loses game when no possibility of drawing but forced by wyldside?

The answer to your second question is: the runner continues to play; only The Corp looses if runs out of cards.

I'm not sure about you're first question. I'd play that Runner loses the click without drawing cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The runner doesn't lose when out of cards - that only applies to the corp.

The runner only has three actions for the rest of the game, and can draw no more cards.

This is a bad situation for the runner to be in, but then if you've drawn through your entire deck without winning, then you're probably not in a good situation anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Knotts
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race?
badge
¡Viva la Revolución!
mbmbmbmbmb
Runner isn't impacted by no cards to draw (except for the side-effect of not being able to replenish when taking damage). However... since the card is in play, the Runner will be forced to lose a click at the beginning of each turn (that's the trade-off... your character is losing time by spending too much time at Wyldside).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb

Rhode Island
msg tools
Ra1d wrote:

The former. The runner doesn't lose when he has to draw but has no cards left; only the corp does. The Wyldside effect would still trigger as long as it stays in play -- you attempt (and fail) to draw two cards, then attempt (and succeed) to lose a click, and proceed with the rest of your turn with 3 clicks left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
flag msg tools
The we played it right...I was Weyland Corp...2 turns later the runner with wyldside lost gainst my junebug and afterwards after no cards left in hand with my scored bounty to tag him and scorch him then...thx to quick replies...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Sandico
Philippines
Pasig City
NCR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, SR! So it was you! Thanks for being so patient against my Noise deck. Have a hard time using OCTGN. Maybe I'll get better with using it in time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
this is a good reason why you would want to have an aesop there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It doesn't say: Draw 2 cards, if you do lose one click...

It says "Draw 2 cards and lose one click."

Do as much as you can, in this case, lose one click.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.