St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Treachery
Quote:

Cylon Patrols (skill check icon)

Skill Check: Roll a die. On a 1-4 place 1 basestar on the Cylon Fleet Board (normal placement rules, but don't move the pursuit track)
Reckless Skill Check: Roll a die. On a 1-4 place 1 basestar on the Cylon Fleet Board (normal placement rules, but don't move the pursuit track). Activate Raiders and Heavy Raiders (not Centurions). Only 1 of this ability may be resolved in each Skill check.
Discard: If a human player discards this card they must roll the die on a 1-2 discard another card randomly, and on a 3-4 discard another card.

Covert Actions (skill check icon)

Skill Check: If this skill check isn't reckless every player either draws 1 Treachery or discards 1 card (only if you have 1 or more cards). Only 1 of this ability may be resolved in each Skill check.
Reckless Skill Check: Each player must discard 1 card and then draw 1 Treachery. Only 1 of this ability may be resolved in each Skill check.
Discard: If a human player discards this card they must roll the die on a 1-4 damage Galactica.

Seeds of Doubt (skill check icon)

Skill Check: This Skill Check is considered Reckless
Skill Check: The difficulty of this skill check is increased by 1.
Discard: If a human player discards this card they must roll the die on a 1-4 shuffle two treachery cards into the destiny deck.

Raider Mobilization (skill check icon)

Action: Activate Raiders, Heavy Raiders (not centurions), Launch Raiders
Skill Check: Put the top 2 cards of the Treachery skill pile into the discard pile. Then for every 2 points of Treachery put into the discard pile this way place 1 Raider on the Cylon Fleet Board (do not advance the Pursuit Track).
Reckless Skill Check: Put the top 5 card of the Treachery skill pile into the discard pile. Then for every 2 points of Treachery put into the discard pile this way place 1 Raider on the Cylon Fleet Board (do not advance the Pursuit Track).
Special: Human players may not voluntarily discard Raider Mobilization. (ie. It can only be chosen as a discard if your hand contains only Raider Mobilization or discarded randomly)
Discard: If a human player discards this card they must roll the die on a 1-4 put the top 5 treachery cards into the discard pile.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
This is the old discard penalty, it rarely came up and often just provided more discard fodder for humans.

Discard: If this card is discarded as a result of a crisis card the player who discarded it must return it to their hand and draw an additional Treachery skill card

Relentless Pursuit (skill check icon)

Action: Draw 3 crisis cards. Choose 1 to play and place the other 2 in any combination on the top or bottom of the crisis card pile.
Skill Check: Roll a die. On a 1-2 Decrease the Jump Track 1 space on a 3-4 Increase the Pursuit Track 1 space.
Reckless Skill Check: Roll a die. On a 1-4 Decrease the Jump Track 1 space, on a 5-8 Increase the Pursuit Track 1 space.
Discard:Roll a die. On a 1-2 Decrease the Jump Track 1 space on a 3-4 Increase the Pursuit Track 1 space.

Hand of God

Action: Look at the top Super Crisis Card then place it on the top or bottom of the Super Crisis Pile, then play the top Super Crisis Card.
Special: When this card is placed in the discard pile Damage Galactica. Ignore this ability if Hand of God was played for its action.
Special: If Hand of God is in your hand at the beginning and end of your turn you are then executed. If you have a You are a Cylon loyalty card you are immune from this effect.
Special: After building a new destiny deck, adding cards to the destiny deck, or looking at the destiny deck if Hand of God is in the bottom 6 cards of the destiny deck the destiny deck is reshuffled once.

Just trying to avoid situations where Hand of God got buried in the bottom 6 cards of the destiny deck. It can still happen but it's not likely.

Combat 2.0 for Cylon Fleet
Quote:

Evasive Maneuver

Play after any viper is attacked to reroll the die. If the viper is piloted, subtract 2 from the new roll. OR Play after you location has been damaged to move to a random non-hazardous location (aboard the same ship).

Maximum Firepower

Action: Play while piloting a viper to attack up to 4 times. OR Action: Play while at the Armory location to activate the Armory twice.

Defensive Formations

Movement or Action: Name a cylon ship activation. If the next crisis card's cylon ship activation matches the named activation, ignore it.

Marines

Reckless: Choose a skill set that is positive for this skill check, it now counts negative. Combat skill cards count positive and double for this skill check. At the end of the skill check roll a die, on a 1-2 -1 population.

Roll the Hard Six

Movement or Action: While piloting a Viper, roll a die. On 6+, move to any space area and do that many points of damage. (Basestars damaged on 3 points, Heavy Raiders on 3, Raiders on 1, Civilian ships on 3). On 2-5, damage your Viper and you are sent to Sickbay. On 1, destroy your Viper and you are executed.

This is the only time that you may exceed the die roll limit of 8.

Skirmish (skill check icon)

Skill Check: The current player must activate either a single Raider or a Heavy Raider and activate a single unmanned Viper. The current player may choose the order in which ships are activated. Skip the activate Raider or Heavy Raider step if there are no Raiders or Heavy Raiders on the main game board.

Secret Cylon Powers

You don't seriously think I'd tell you anything about these do you?

Other Miscellaneous Rules

Quote:

1. Modified Characters: Cain(banned), Tory, Anders, Gaeta, Adama. If you want clarification on the changes to any of the characters I can post them later.
2. When a destination places Cylon Ships on the main game board they will be instead placed on the CFB and the pursuit track will be advanced a number of spaces equal to the number of Cylon Ships placed.
3. Complex Destiny is being used.
4. Political Prowess 2.0

Action: Draw 2 Quorum cards and then you may play 1 Quorum card. These Quorum cards belong to you even if you are the President or become the President.

State of Emergency 2.0

Action or Movement: Decrease the highest resource dial by 2 and the second highest resource dial by 1. Ignore Cylon Ship activation until either 3 Cylon Ship activations have been ignored or the fleet jumps, whichever happens first.

5. Preventative Policy can now be played as an action or movement.

6. You may now move or land a viper as an action (normal movement rules apply)

7. Early FTL jumps will risk Civilians not 1 or 3 population.

8. Things that affect AQ checks or Airlock checks also affect the other one.

9. The VP is now considered the next highest in the line of succession for the Presidency.

10. You may move as an action (normal movement costs)

11. One 1 Pop ship has been replaced with a 1 Pop/1 Food ship.

12. When sent to Sickbay, that player must discard 1 card and if you start the turn in Sickbay you may draw 2 cards.

Here are some rules I'm thinking of adding, let me know if you see any problems with them.

Proposed Rules wrote:

13. Medium is out as a valid statement after playing 2 or more cards into a skill check.

14. This is the tricky one but statements that indicate what cards you hold in your hand won't be allowed. So a player could say: "I think we should scout destination, who can scout?" But players can't respond "I can scout." Instead they should say: "You should XO me" or "don't XO me."

This rule does not preclude stating what you don't have in your hand to a reasonable degree ie. Don't go around saying I don't have an XO, I don't have an AAC, I don't have an Iron Will, etc. So it's fine to say I don't have an XO or an IC.

One exception to the rule is you may ask the following question: "How do we feel about making this check reckless?" You may not specify what reckless card you have. This allows players to discuss what interrupts would be good or not.

Confirmed Players:

Adria
Kantas
Darthbalmung
Circadian
Thimblyjoe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: V54 - 1 Player needed

Make sure you read the last part on proposed new rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the proposed new rules look fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just making sure I understand 13: Medium is never a valid description for what you've played now? It has to always be high or low, regardless of number of cards?

I may struggle with remembering 14, but I'm ok with it. I'll try not to screw it up too often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm checking in now that we are back from our holiday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
For your consideration before you start...

I think that people are now used to treachery 2.x and things need to increase for a 4-2 player set up since humans wins all the time now. It was the case in the 3 games i had the chance to play with this set up even thought sometimes it was close

In the last game we were starting to be overwhelmed by treachery but the problem is that it takes time to acheive this so how about doing what Mark's doing in Daybreak

Everybody starts with 1 treachery and gets another treachery at sleeper?

It could be interesting to see what happens along the way and might give an edge that the cylon needs in 4-2

(still on vacation so won't be able to reply quickly)

Have fun guys!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily R
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Checking in. And both rules changes sound fine to me, the game needs more secrecy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't know what you consider an appropriate amount of time to leave the game open, but if no one new volunteers for the 6th spot, I am checking in to take it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
j0frenzy wrote:
I don't know what you consider an appropriate amount of time to leave the game open, but if no one new volunteers for the 6th spot, I am checking in to take it.

Actually Jared, a player that has had an open invitation for the longest time has decided he'd like to try my game but we'll get you in the next one if that's ok.

Our sixth player is
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpalgens wrote:
For your consideration before you start...

I think that people are now used to treachery 2.x and things need to increase for a 4-2 player set up since humans wins all the time now. It was the case in the 3 games i had the chance to play with this set up even thought sometimes it was close

In the last game we were starting to be overwhelmed by treachery but the problem is that it takes time to acheive this so how about doing what Mark's doing in Daybreak

Everybody starts with 1 treachery and gets another treachery at sleeper?

It could be interesting to see what happens along the way and might give an edge that the cylon needs in 4-2

(still on vacation so won't be able to reply quickly)

Have fun guys!!

You're absolutely correct. Human players are much much better at handling Treachery now as opposed to when I first started with the deck. The first games were like a slaughter house: It wasn't pretty. Humans adapted and learned to hold onto specific cards and dump other cards, For example holding onto Hand of God until Treachery is reshuffled and then discarding it. Also the humans are far more likely to take the OR late in games to avoid skill checks.

I have had secret cylon abilities that forced everyone to draw a Treachery card at some point in the game but that's a pretty swingy mechanic. Plus Mark's using mostly the original Treachery cards which aren't nearly as powerful.

I think the increased secrecy rules will help the Cylons a little but that's why we play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: V54 - Pre-Launch

Player Order

Adria 1d100 = (100) = 100 18(00) Strength we have a winner.
Kantas 1d100 = (54) = 54
Circadian 1d100 = (31) = 31
darthbalmung 1d100 = (80) = 80
thimblyjoe 1d100 = (49) = 49
downeymb 1d100 = (57) = 57

Adria's up first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 213870. Vollick1979
  • 1d100 =
  • (100) =
  • Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:43 pm
  • [+]
  • 213871. Vollick1979
  • 1d100 =
  • (54) =
  • [+]
  • 213872. Vollick1979
  • 1d100 =
  • (31) =
  • [+]
  • 213873. Vollick1979
  • 1d100 =
  • (80) =
  • [+]
  • 213874. Vollick1979
  • 1d100 =
  • (49) =
  • [+]
  • 213875. Vollick1979
  • 1d100 =
  • (57) =
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vollick1979 wrote:
18(00) Strength we have a winner.

Adria just asked "what does the 18(00) mean??"

just as i was about to post...

Adria won't know what the 18(00) means...

I think i'm gonna nick name her Ogre now though ...

the couch is super comfy btw...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy everyone!

A few questions:

So we're playing 6 player Base + Pegasus + Exodus to Kobol?

We're using the CFB, but what about personal goals and final five?

Are we doing the official no sympathizer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
Howdy everyone!

Welcome aboard!

downeymb wrote:
So we're playing 6 player Base + Pegasus + Exodus to Kobol?

Yep!

downeymb wrote:
We're using the CFB, but what about personal goals and final five?

No personal goals. I haven't seen Final Five in a while, but that doesn't mean Matt won't throw them in.

(Might deter some of those early loyalty checks we've been getting lucky with)

downeymb wrote:
Are we doing the official no sympathizer?

Nope!

We're using Matt's Super Treacherous deck + secret cylon powers.

---
I think I'm to go for a challenge this game and take Ellen. We're back to using unmodified Ellen, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as we're not using Sympathizer, I'm happy. I agree that it looks like Treachery and Secret Cylon Powers will make up for things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adria wrote:

I think I'm to go for a challenge this game and take Ellen. We're back to using unmodified Ellen, right?

I'm good with either Ellen, but even the modified Ellen's drawback is that she draws Treachery. The biggest issue I had with Ellen was she could bury Hand of God on the bottom of the Destiny deck. Now that Hand of God shuffles Destiny if it's in the bottom 6 that makes that move pretty risky.

So just let me know which Ellen you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
As long as we're not using Sympathizer, I'm happy. I agree that it looks like Treachery and Secret Cylon Powers will make up for things.

No sympathizer. But we might not be going to Kobol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
No hard feelings. I was putting myself on reserve if you couldn't find anyone. Good luck everyone (especially the toasters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vollick1979 wrote:

Any other fun hidden things I should be watching out for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
downeymb wrote:
Vollick1979 wrote:

Not as many as in Schmloof's games. laugh

On a more serious note, holy shit! I'm second to last pick with a 49? Dayum! A bunch of high rollers here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob dole
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll be Chief

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vollick1979 wrote:
So just let me know which Ellen you want.

I'll go with the Adroit Ellen. She's fun as long as there are people to follow around. And I haven't played this version with this Treachery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thimblyjoe wrote:
downeymb wrote:
Vollick1979 wrote:

Not as many as in Schmloof's games. laugh

That's true. Schmloof breaks the spreadsheet routinely with his modifications. Mine just bend the spreadsheet a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm next? I'm actually curious what the modifications are to Gaeta and Adama, since I might choose a military leader. Though CAG sounds appealing as well...

Anyway, can you post Adama and Gaeta's modifications?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adama's OPG allows him to choose what cards he picks up.

Gaeta needs to reveal a calculations or strategic planning from his hand to reroll the FTL die. He gets to keep the card he reveals.

Starting cards wrote:

Ellen - none
Chief -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [47] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.