Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Holzer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Questions on this page refer to the official FAQ, which you can be found here (at the moment): http://files.neuroshima.org/RC_FAQ_v1_ENG.pdf

First: Thanks for the FAQ.
Second: Got cunfused by the following Friday FAQ page 15:

Quote:
What happens if Friday goes hunting and dies in the fight?
Normally, Friday can't hunt.

I cant find anything in the rules that forbids Friday to hunt. And while he can be assined to any action with an additional, he could use the dog or the shild to go for hunting!No?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, the FAQ has some other points which indeed need a FAQ. gulp

Most important error is this one:

Quote:
When a card tells me to draw 3 mystery cards and resolve one monster and 2 treasures
(example in the rulebook, p. 16) can I decide to draw no cards at all or do I have to resolve
at least one card?
You have to resolve at least one card of each specified type.

Emphasis is mine. The manual directly contradicts this ruling and even has an example of this. Either this sentence makes a confusing use of the word 'each' or the rules have changed with the FAQ and override the rules written in the manual. I believe that it is the former.

Also, another question that should be in the FAQ is how fast are the "at any time" actions?

For example, let's just say that the group has a Palisade level of 0 and a Soldier with many Determination tokens available.
If an event or die roll requires the players to lose 1 Palisade can the Soldier interrupt the resolution of that event or die roll in order to use his "+1 Palisade" ability so that they avoid having the whole group get wounded because of unfulfilled demand?

Another question is what happens to the Camp when it is located on a tile that becomes inaccessible. Do the players lose the game? Do they have to move it during the Night phase?

Finally, the important scenario ruling:
Quote:
When you build the Cross, is this always built in the same location as the camp? Is it
possible to build it on an adjacent island tile?
Building the Cross works like gathering resources (or building a Shelter) - you can build a Cross
on a tile with your camp or on an adjacent tile.

is misleading because it says that it works like gathering resources OR building a Shelter which are entirely different in their resolution in the game!!!

When Gathering Resources we have to place the pawns in a specific legal tile and if it happens to be 2 hexes away from the Camp we also have to spend 1 more pawn to do it while Building a Shelter requires that we just spend 1 or 2 pawns and spend the required resources. They are nothing alike in their resolution!!!

Also after mentioning this misleading sentence it creates even more questions because it specifically says that the Cross can only be built on a tile with the Camp or on an adjacent tile. It never mentions the 2 tiles away possibility that is similar to the Gather Resources action.

So which is it? Can we build a Cross 2 tiles away from the camp or not?

Moreover, and this is a personal peeve of mine, this scenario seems WAY easier than the first one if you can build the Cross so easily. It took my experienced gamer group 10 tries to beat the first scenario and just one try to beat the 2nd. If you also manage to build the Sacred Bell even once while playing that scenario then it's almost impossible to lose because the Fog is so not threatening. At least having to build the Cross only on the tile with the Camp will make it somewhat more challenging but that is my opinion.

Finally, what I didn't like was the ruling that the Carpenter can partially 'bypass' the rule of having in advance every required resource BEFORE you can choose an action with his -1 Wood ability which is already very good and now it's even better. I was 95% certain that he only saved you 1 Wood and that he couldn't help you build something without having all the required resources. This is something that irks me but I'll just use the official rules as always {I do hate house rules}.

So, we do need a FAQ for the FAQ. Actually, we need a more clear and organized FAQ. Hopefully its next iteration will be way better, shorter and more clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
spy007 wrote:

Quote:

I cant find anything in the rules that forbids Friday to hunt. And while he can be assined to any action with an additional, he could use the dog or the shild to go for hunting!No?

Re Friday & Dog. I checked with Ignacy on this one too, and he replied as follows: "Friday can go with dog."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Holzer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bowmangr wrote:

Another question is what happens to the Camp when it is located on a tile that becomes inaccessible. Do the players lose the game? Do they have to move it during the Night phase?

This was answered here http://boardgamegeek.com/article/10534461#10534461

[/q]

Quote:
Re Friday & Dog. I checked with Ignacy on this one too, and he replied as follows: "Friday can go with dog."

So this means :
1.Friday is allowed to go for hunting
2.He can go Hunting with the shield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
spy007 wrote:

Quote:

That's true. I assumed the implication is that if Friday goes with a player's pawn, the player is hunting and Friday is assisting, hence "normal". The dog is only for solo games and the shield is an exception.

I can see how it's confusing, but it does make sense to a certain degree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Bowmangr wrote:

Quote:
When a card tells me to draw 3 mystery cards and resolve one monster and 2 treasures
(example in the rulebook, p. 16) can I decide to draw no cards at all or do I have to resolve
at least one card?

This should be:

"You have to resolve at least one of the specified types."

This is probably my fault...

(EDIT: This is my fault, I changed it from "any" to "each" )

Any spelling/grammar issues apart from the rules issues?

EDIT 2: It might be long and answers the same questions in several places, but overall it does answer pretty much all questions asked recently. Sure there are always more questions, but to go off on a tangent and say this FAQ is once again low quality and requires a lot of explanation is truly going overboard. In fact, I would go as far as to say that most questions answered in the FAQ (actual questions here on BGG!) are pretty straight forward and can be answered by reading the rules carefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nosdok
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mr Mjeh wrote:
Bowmangr wrote:

Quote:
at least one card?

This should be:

"You have to resolve at least one of the specified types."

This is probably my fault...

Sorry, now I am totally confused:
The card says to draw 3 mystery cards and resolve one monster AND 2 treasures.
So What I should do as an action?:
a) I resolve ONLY ONE card of the monster type OR treasure type.
b) I resolve TWO cards, one of the monster type AND one treasure type.
In any case, I do not follow the initial instruction of the first card which is telling me to draw three cards and resolve them. I am confused!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nosdok wrote:

In any case, I do not follow the initial instruction of the first card which is telling me to draw three cards and resolve them. I am confused!!!

In this case you reveal card until you find a monter or a treasure. You resolve this. After you resolved the first card you can choose to resolve the next one or quit. You have to quit after you reolved 1 monster and 2 treaures.
Perhaps the text should be 'draw 3 mystery cards and resolve up to one monster AND 2 treasures, you have to reolve at least one card.'
There is an example in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Mjeh wrote:
The dog is only for solo games ...

Hi, just to correct this one.. so as not to risk more confusion ... Dog is not just for solo... In fact the rules even say, " It is especially recommended for a 3-player game."

Meanwhile, I read through the FAQ now and 99.9% is good and really useful! So, just a few little tweaks, which hopefully this thread will help put right ! FAB. Rick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluxx wrote:
nosdok wrote:

In this case you reveal card until you find a monter or a treasure. You resolve this. After you resolved the first card you can choose to resolve the next one or quit. You have to quit after you reolved 1 monster and 2 treaures.
Perhaps the text should be 'draw 3 mystery cards and resolve up to one monster AND 2 treasures, you have to reolve at least one card.'

Spot on ! Well and concisely explained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ricky2002 wrote:
Mr Mjeh wrote:
The dog is only for solo games ...

Hi, just to correct this one.. so as not to risk more confusion ... Dog is not just for solo... In fact the rules even say, " It is especially recommended for a 3-player game."

This is only for the easier game variant. (Okay, for me to be more precise I could've said the dog is for solo games and the easier variant.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be blind. Where is the FAQ?

And if its not answered, here's my question:

If a character receives healing that brings him above a morale drop, does the group morale increase? Will the morale decrease again when the character wounds drop him below that threshold for a second time?

If morale doesn't increase from healing, but drops when you lose those wounds again, it seems like healing might actually be a bad idea when you expect to take wounds again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Holzer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SabreRedleg wrote:
If a character receives healing that brings him above a morale drop, does the group morale increase?

No!

SabreRedleg wrote:
Will the morale decrease again when the character wounds drop him below that threshold for a second time?

Yes!

SabreRedleg wrote:
If morale doesn't increase from healing, but drops when you lose those wounds again, it seems like healing might actually be a bad idea when you expect to take wounds again.

Yes, sometimes.

SabreRedleg wrote:
I must be blind. Where is the FAQ?

And no, you`re not. http://files.neuroshima.org/RC_FAQ_v1_ENG.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Piechaczek
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bowmangr wrote:

So which is it? Can we build a Cross 2 tiles away from the camp or not?

You can build a Cross on a tile with your camp or on an adjacent tile.

Bowmangr wrote:

If your camp is on the tile that needs to be turned upside down all player dies and you loose the game"

spy007 wrote:

This is true, Friday can Hunt with a Dog or a Shield but you don't always have a Shield and Friday can meet Dog only in a solo variant (or in a very easy 2-player variant).

If you send Friday with a Dog or a Shield and he dies during Hunting, it means that the Fight with the Beast is unsuccessful. Friday dies and not the Beast. You don't get the benefits like Food or Furs. The Beast card stays on top of the Hunting deck.

Fluxx wrote:

That's how you should understand it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
piechu wrote:
Friday can meet Dog only in a solo variant (or in a very easy 2-player variant).

Are you sure? Although it is not discussed specifically in the rules, I see nothing that prevents you from adding both the dog and Friday to any game.

piechu wrote:
If you send Friday with a Dog or a Shield and he dies during Hunting, it means that the Fight with the Beast is unsuccessful. Friday dies and not the Beast. You don't get the benefits like Food or Furs. The Beast card stays on top of the Hunting deck.

Could you please post a reference to this? Although I agree that it would be a valid extrapolation of the theme, I haven't seen anything in the rules or the FAQ that supports this interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paletti
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluxx wrote:
nosdok wrote:

I'm still confused about the 'draw 3 mystery cards'. Does that mean:
A. Resolve up to 3 mystery cards (but probably draw more than 3 cards, for example: trap, trap, treasure, monster, treasure)? or
B. Draw at max 3 mystery cards no matter what cards (for example: trap, trap, monster) and resolve only 1 monster and 2 treasures (in this example)?

If it is option A. than I have the feeling that the part of the sentence 'draw 3 cards' is not neccessary and only leads to confusion.
What's your opinion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Holzer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Paletti01 wrote:

I'm still confused about the 'draw 3 mystery cards'. Does that mean:
A. Resolve up to 3 mystery cards (but probably draw more than 3 cards, for example: trap, trap, treasure, monster, treasure)? or
B. Draw at max 3 mystery cards no matter what cards (for example: trap, trap, monster) and resolve only 1 monster and 2 treasures (in this example)?

A (in the example above you ignore all traps)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Holzer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
holgerd wrote:
piechu wrote:
Friday can meet Dog only in a solo variant (or in a very easy 2-player variant).

Are you sure? Although it is not discussed specifically in the rules, I see nothing that prevents you from adding both the dog and Friday to any game.

You can modify the difficulty of the game (amongst other things)with the dog and friday. If you want to add them in a 4-player game: do it!
The rules allow this anyway: p.14 "easier game".

Quote:
Easier game
If you think that a Scenario is too dicult to accomplish,
you can adjust the game for your needs in various ways:
A) you can play with the Dog.It is especially recommended
for a 3-player game.
B) you can play with Friday
C) you can draw more Starting Items
D) while preparing the Event deck (step 16 of setup), you can take fewer Event cards with Book icon and more cards with Adventure icons instead .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monika Żabicka
Poland
Wodzisław Śl.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
holgerd wrote:
piechu wrote:

piechu wrote:

Could you please post a reference to this? Although I agree that it would be a valid extrapolation of the theme, I haven't seen anything in the rules or the FAQ that supports this interpretation.

Łukasz has written the rules, so if he says sth is a rule - IT IS a rule, although not stated previously anywhere :) (probably it should have been added to the rulebook)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, FAQ. Gonna have to take a look at that.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Minor critism from me: when you bother to add an index with page numbers to the FAQ, then please add page numbers to the actual pages too...
Is there a german/other language version planned, or could/should we take it into our own hands to do it?
Thanks anyway, will be a good help in my 2. try for a solo game this we
FH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Piechaczek
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
holgerd wrote:
piechu wrote:

It's not stated anywhere but that's what Ignacy told me.

spy007 wrote:
holgerd wrote:
piechu wrote:

You can modify the difficulty of the game (amongst other things)with the dog and friday. If you want to add them in a 4-player game: do it!
The rules allow this anyway: p.14 "easier game".

Quote:
Easier game
If you think that a Scenario is too dicult to accomplish,
you can adjust the game for your needs in various ways:
A) you can play with the Dog.It is especially recommended
for a 3-player game.
B) you can play with Friday
C) you can draw more Starting Items
D) while preparing the Event deck (step 16 of setup), you can take fewer Event cards with Book icon and more cards with Adventure icons instead .

Those are options and one of them should be enough. If you combine more it would be extra easy, especially if you took Friday and the Dog
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have an official answer about this yet:

Quote:
Also, another question that should be in the FAQ is how fast are the "at any time" actions?

For example, let's just say that the group has a Palisade level of 0 and a Soldier with many Determination tokens available.
If an event or die roll requires the players to lose 1 Palisade can the Soldier interrupt the resolution of that event or die roll in order to use his "+1 Palisade" ability so that they avoid having the whole group get wounded because of unfulfilled demand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Holzer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bowmangr wrote:
Do we have an official answer about this yet:

Quote:

Yes. Special abilities can be used at any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.