Recommend
24 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » News

Subject: Rules officially out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benedetto Loffredo
Italy
Portici (NA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3748
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Vensko
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. All that looks like epic great edge battle. We anticipated great coop adventures when first strike changed everything and forever. Then were not really good news from gencon but this rulebook like a twist of fate has changed our minds once again. But who is winning? Not sure, still I am feeling that light side is getting stronger.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
I fell asleep reading the rulebook.

This isn't the game i'm looking for.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
monkehbwoy wrote:
I fell asleep reading the rulebook.

This isn't the game i'm looking for.


Move along then, this isn't the game you were looking for... devil
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stout
United States
Pasadena
CA - California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkehbwoy wrote:
wytefang wrote:
monkehbwoy wrote:
I fell asleep reading the rulebook.

This isn't the game i'm looking for.


Move along then, this isn't the game you were looking for... devil


Heh heh, this opens you up to a witty reference: "this isn't the DROID you were looking for"!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athos
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonstout wrote:
monkehbwoy wrote:
wytefang wrote:
monkehbwoy wrote:
I fell asleep reading the rulebook.

This isn't the game i'm looking for.


Move along then, this isn't the game you were looking for... devil


Heh heh, this opens you up to a witty reference: "this isn't the DROID you were looking for"!


Umm.... Pretty sure that was the reference he was going for.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonstout wrote:
monkehbwoy wrote:
wytefang wrote:
monkehbwoy wrote:
I fell asleep reading the rulebook.

This isn't the game i'm looking for.


Move along then, this isn't the game you were looking for... devil


Heh heh, this opens you up to a witty reference: "this isn't the DROID you were looking for"!


This isn't the reference you were looking for.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be very interested in hearing about the multiplayer rules that are mentioned.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree. I was skeptical about the 'Death Star tracker' as it just seemed like an arbitrary mechanic to make the Dark and Light sides play differently when just having both sides go after the objectives of their opponents would have made more sense (and I think for a 2 player game it still does make more sense).

But I can see the point of it when you have multiple light side players playing against one dark side player. It wouldn't make sense for the Dark Side player to just require 3 objectives to win (still, they COULD have included the counter in the multiplayer pack).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Death Star Tracker idea. It gives the game an ending point and puts the light side on their toes.

This is very thematic with the Imperial Navy vs. Rebel Alliance. If the Rebellion just chills out and doesn't work quickly to bump the Empire out of power, they'll be overrun.

I have pre-ordered. Cannot wait to sink my teeth into this one. I've been interested in finding a card game to check out, and the ground floor here looks promising.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Bullock
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LeximusMaximus wrote:
I have pre-ordered. Cannot wait to sink my teeth into this one. I've been interested in finding a card game to check out, and the ground floor here looks promising.


I will play you online, Mr. Eding. You know where to find me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darkbladecb wrote:
LeximusMaximus wrote:
I have pre-ordered. Cannot wait to sink my teeth into this one. I've been interested in finding a card game to check out, and the ground floor here looks promising.


I will play you online, Mr. Eding. You know where to find me.


And also at GenCon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Paulik
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
monkehbwoy wrote:
I fell asleep reading the rulebook.

This isn't the game i'm looking for.


FFG is not exactly known for being able to produce concise and well-explained rulebooks, regardless of whether the ruleset itself is good.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rulebook wrote:

The Galactic Empire has consolidated its dominion


Wonder if they left space for the expansion after Dark Ages. Also, does their storage solution work for sleeved cards?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:
rulebook wrote:

The Galactic Empire has consolidated its dominion


Wonder if they left space for the expansion after Dark Ages. Also, does their storage solution work for sleeved cards?


HAHAHAHAHHAHA. fantasy flight, storage solution, PLEASE STOP, i'm sick and laughing so much is hurting.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
monteslu wrote:
rulebook wrote:

The Galactic Empire has consolidated its dominion


Wonder if they left space for the expansion after Dark Ages. Also, does their storage solution work for sleeved cards?


HAHAHAHAHHAHA. fantasy flight, storage solution, PLEASE STOP, i'm sick and laughing so much is hurting.


I think what he means is "Why yes, your sleeved cards will flop around quite comfortably in the huge-ass box the game will come in, no doubt."

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reitoei wrote:
abodi wrote:
monteslu wrote:
rulebook wrote:

The Galactic Empire has consolidated its dominion


Wonder if they left space for the expansion after Dark Ages. Also, does their storage solution work for sleeved cards?


HAHAHAHAHHAHA. fantasy flight, storage solution, PLEASE STOP, i'm sick and laughing so much is hurting.


I think what he means is "Why yes, your sleeved cards will flop around quite comfortably in the huge-ass box the game will come in, no doubt."



I don't say this often but... LOL
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Get deck boxes and long boxes. My core set box will get tossed in the closet as soon as I get it. I have a game bag that fit 5-6 deck boxes and a dice bag for the tokens. The extra cards will be stored in long boxes, no need to use the box it comes with.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cormier
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This might very well be the most beautiful example of excellent graphic design that I've ever seen in a board game rulebook.

It is a little long... but it LOOKS incredible!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, the layout is quite nice. But to me that seems like a very convoluted ruleset. So many little random rules for everything.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:
very convoluted ruleset. So many little random rules for everything.


I didn't find that. Though I'd prefer a rule mention in the book for most of the things that can happen in the game. Otherwise with a game like this you could end up with a bunch of timing issues with no way to answer them until some sort of FAQ is released.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LeximusMaximus wrote:
Amyrin wrote:
very convoluted ruleset. So many little random rules for everything.


I didn't find that. Though I'd prefer a rule mention in the book for most of the things that can happen in the game. Otherwise with a game like this you could end up with a bunch of timing issues with no way to answer them until some sort of FAQ is released.


Yeah, I think the rulebook covers more than the average amount of edge-case scenarios, but the core gameplay for each phase is actually fairly simple. It'll be interesting to see how it actually goes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.