Subject: is there a play by forum guide? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
are there any guidelines on how to use play by forums?
not something about the forum codes and dice rolls and such, but just a general way on how the forums can/should be used. I was hoping to find good exemples of two player, no randomness play by forum habits under the BGG listing for chess, but no game has ever been started there.

a BGG user has posted a request for an opponent in the 2 de Mayo in play by forum, so I'd like more knowledge of how to use the PbF before I jump in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You won't find a lot of PBF games in chess and such where there so many only sites that host the games. Typically if you want to play someone in a game like that, an external site is used.

If you are attracted to the PbF because you can make one or two moves a day instead of playing all at once, you could try Yucata.de which has a lot of games on it that you can play by turn.

I don't know of any general PbF guide, typically each game I've played kind of sets up it's own guide to begin with. The most popular PbF is Werewolf, and for that there are plenty of guides.

EDIT: If you are interested in Yucata, I can help you with a start game if you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Loscutoff
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I'd rather lose to a good move, Than win to a bad one...
badge
the abstract manifest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fury of Dracula is a good example of a multi-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for your responses. I really want to play the physical game, so the online sites aren't for me.
2 de Mayo requires players to reveal movement orders simultaneously. is that possible in PbF, or should I find a moderator?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.