Subject: Fire Cones question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wrinkly Mann
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game this weekend.

As the game progressed the supply of fire cones disappeared from the unused stock due to the "intensify the fire" cards until, none were left.

When the fire burnt more buildings and we had to add fire cones for the burnt buildings, because there were no more in the unused supply, we were taking cones from the Pudding Lane area.

This was ok until the Pudding Lane stock disappeared.

After that when the fire moved into a new area we just didn't add new cones.

I was wondering if we read the rules right or had we gone wrong somewhere.

THe game was still enjoyable but it would be nice to know if we played correctly.

Thanks for any help.

Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i think there is a bit in the rule book that states if you run out of firecones all players can put an equal number back in the stock.

Having said that...i've never seen that happen. The only rule i can think you may have missed is that all the fire in an area has to be contained before you can start putting it out. IE if there are two fire cones each one needs a trained band on it before you can start putting it out. I'm obviously just guessing though. Apologies if i'm telling you somthing you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The first time we played this, we did the intensify fire step wrong. The player who intensifies the fire adds only 3 cones to the board.

The way the rules were written had an ambiguous use of the word any which I had originally read as:

"Add 3 fire cones to every space which already has at least 1 fire"

But the actual rule is:
"Add 3 fire cones. They can go into any space which already has at least 1 fire"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fire cones are unlimited. I know setup says put 25 in pudding lane or something. But, we just put a hand full and as pudding lanes runs out we just put some more in there.

If you are fully out... each player is supposed to donate an equal share for their put out fires to keep the score delta the same.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.