Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the scholar ability to reroll a die roll, does it apply to a single die or to all dice in that roll?

We're curious because if its all dice, we salvaged victory from an almost certain defeat yesterday, otherwise we lost!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All dice.

Extra failing dice don't normally hurt you, so things that give you a fixed number of dice just add that many to your roll; rerolls are interesting specifically because they affect all your dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot! Then we won! We were in desperate straits, and then about 2 turns from the end, everything came together. I think of there were about 18 blights on the board, including one in the monastery. Darkness was at about 26. We finally got a relic and had cleared out the mountains. We lured the necromancer there. He showed up and, of course, dropped 2 blights there. My acolyte got lucky and got the power that allowed him to move blights, and he moved the 2 into the monastery, which was the only adjacent place that could hold them, and brought it up to 30. The Prince inspired the scholar. The druid gave the scholar some bottled magic.

This gave the scholar 6 dice at +1 (for the relic) and one at +2 (for his scholar power). None of the 1st 7 rolls got the 6 we needed, however we came up with it on the reroll. It was an epic victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very fun mini-AAR! Thanks.

I played yesterday too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.