1984: Animal Farm» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick Rules Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Hall

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this game from BGG Con, not very complicated but I do have one question:

It appears that Influence tokens that are relegated to Owned Influence are never discarded until spent. In other words, in the unlikely event you don't spend both of the tokens in this area, you can continue to roll them over to spend on the next Round (as long as you follow the Max=2 rule). The same does not seem to be true for Airdrop - you have to use tokens you place here on your next turn or you lose them. Why is this?

Thanks,
Adesazz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Cywicki
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Long ago during the first prototype testing there was just one 4 owned influence area... we noticed that players do not want spend their influence on special abilities unless they're forced to. The way we saw it special abilities make the game interesting, so we implemented Airdrop zone to make players want to use them - if you know that the influence will be lost anyhow you are more willing to play it.

In a way this also makes sense thematically, and helps weaker players to catch up.

That's the whole story
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Hall

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply! That works for me. I just need to be careful about how to explain it, then. Things like those VI arrows on the player board are immensely helpful in getting concepts across quickly - I wish there was more, but I understand there are limitations with the dual-language.

Thanks again - great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.