Axis & Allies 1941» Forums » General

Subject: Can I play this game without buying more pieces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Arevalo
Colombia
flag msg tools

Hi,

I was wondering if this version of axis and allies had enough plastic pieces to enjoy the game, i'm not a big fan of having to buy pieces that the game should have. What do you think?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had no issues other then the initial setup is really close and you pretty much have all infantry and chips on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Initial setup is the only time there is a problem.

You can get more pieces inexpensively from Historicalboardgaming.com

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Arevalo
Colombia
flag msg tools
Thanks for your answers,

The problem is i´m in a southamerican country so it´s difficult to buy the extra units, if i just try to find some chips to put under the units is there going to be a problem?

Regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arevel wrote:
Thanks for your answers,

The problem is i´m in a southamerican country so it´s difficult to buy the extra units, if i just try to find some chips to put under the units is there going to be a problem?

Regards.

That is a great idea.

I actually have 1942 as well and just use those chips (I guess I could also use the units). With the chips form 1942 I have had no issues with setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Arevalo
Colombia
flag msg tools
Thank you!

I think I will buy some chips.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Yeah, the cardboard 'chips' are really annoying. I understand they were trying to keep the price low but they are bad. They are not as easy to pick up from the board and tend to stick more, both to pudgy fingers and each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.