Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Hello, BGG.

Mage Knight is possibly the most rewarding game I've ever played, assuming you play decently. A lot of things in the game can feel incredibly epic and satisfying.

Here is a thread to brag about the awesome stuff you've done or seen!

My favourite two combats are both city assaults.

One of which was a competitive game, I was playing as Norowas and on my first level up, I took Diplomacy as my AA and the +3/+2 Influence Skill.

From there, I picked up Agility and quite a few units.

The first city that I attacked, first city attacked in the game, was the white city. I walked in with over 20 movement, used my Illusionists and several Influence skills, using Diplomacy for Fire Block... Blocked the Crossbowmen and the Freezers and let my Guardian Golems take the 3 damage from the Utem Guardsmen. Then I used my 15+ movement to take them all down.

It was awesome.

The other city assault happened this weekend. I was playing cooperative with a friend as Goldyx, and decided to up my reputation as high as possible. I ended up with a Savage Monks, three Catapults, an Into the Fire, and 11 mana crystals.

I'm fairly sure everyone can see where this is going. The level 8 city appeared (green), I walked in, played one card from hand, and nuked the thing from orbit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chung
msg tools
mbmb
I was sitting outside of a lvl 11 white city holding 2 altem guardsmen and some other enemies. I was holding banner of fear but wondering how I was going to get the firepower to take them all down.

I flip motivation and draw into the heat and sword of justice and breaking both artefacts and using just my units I end up attacking for around 60 physical obliterating the city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hay
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I once took out 7 fortified enemies (6 purple and one white if I recall correctly) with a three card combo.

I played Maximal Effect on Magic Talent to use Tremor three times from the spell offer, discarding three cards and reducing each enemy's armour by 6. Then I destroyed the Horn of Wrath for enough siege attack to kill them all in one blow. Thankfully none of them had physical resistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thewatermelonman wrote:
I once took out 7 fortified enemies (6 purple and one white if I recall correctly) with a three card combo.

I played Maximal Effect on Magic Talent to use Tremor three times from the spell offer, discarding three cards and reducing each enemy's armour by 6. Then I destroyed the Horn of Wrath for enough siege attack to kill them all in one blow. Thankfully none of them had physical resistance.

http://i.imgur.com/22Z8J.gif
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thewatermelonman wrote:
I played Maximal Effect on Magic Talent to use Tremor three times from the spell offer, discarding three cards and reducing each enemy's armour by 6.

That's pretty sweet. You do have to pay 3 green for the Tremors in that situation, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hay
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tppytel wrote:

That's pretty sweet. You do have to pay 3 green for the Tremors in that situation, correct?

Yes, but I have a tendency to hoard crystals so that wasn't a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Lucato
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thewatermelonman wrote:
tppytel wrote:

Can you power up effect as many times as you wish as long as you have that many mana tokens in your inventory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndreKada wrote:
thewatermelonman wrote:
tppytel wrote:

Can you power up effect as many times as you wish as long as you have that many mana tokens in your inventory?

Maximal Effect is what allowed the use of the advanced action Magical Talent three times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Nicholas
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took over a mage tower on day 1, and grabbed a blue spell. The next turn I ended up with an influence-heavy hand, so what the heck, I grabbed another spell. Happened to be blue also.

On the first night, I got my first artifact. Happened to be the blue ring. I decided to continue grabbing blue spells as I was able, and ended up with five blue spells and a red. Just as I reached my first city, I had the blue ring and two spells in hand when I ended turn. I thought to myself, "wouldn't it be funny if I drew all of my other spells right now?". So I draw my cards. Spell. Spell. Spell. Spell. Five blue spells, one red spell, and the blue ring. While standing next to an unconquered city.

I used one of my units to move into the city, discarded the ring for unlimited blue and black mana, and then shredded everything in the city. It was a completely one-sided slaughter. I'm afraid that I don't remember the exact details of the combat or which spells I cast (this was months ago), but I clearly remember being able to cast six black-mana spells on the same turn and effortlessly wiping out a city. Oh, and one of the spells was Time Bending, so I got most of the spells back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I love this thread! But am jealous of some of the combos I'm seeing pulled off already! I haven't had the stars align with my cards to see something this awesome. Looking forward to reading more fun combo stories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had agility and a fist full of movement; maxed out my movement for 10 leftover movement going into the spawning grounds with zero cards in hand; pulled a medusa which I took the hit from and used units to block the minator; being able to attack after taking paralyzation damage was nice. Pulled that trick twice that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting attacked by David desJardins for 71. Yeah, that was loads of fun. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
That triple Tremor thing is awesome. Magic Talent seems like one of the best AAs in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul G wrote:
That triple Tremor thing is awesome. Magic Talent seems like one of the best AAs in the game.

You will need to match the color of the discarded card now - much more harder to play in the expansion

And I love every moment in this game.
Even recruiting new units is awesome!

And believe me - Volkare is uber-hero.
I didn't win the hard scenario yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pabula wrote:

How many times did you try? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikePustilnik wrote:
pabula wrote:

How many times did you try? whistle

Several, but always after coming to the city and noticing its guards and feeling the breath of the army just behind me I was lowering the difficulty to standard or even easy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Why would it be harder in the expansion?

Awesome, I look forward to Volkaire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Japhet
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This had me grinning for hours. I was standing at an altar looking at the lvl 8 city's island(!) being very glad I had picked up Song of Wind but wondering where it was. Conquered the altar for Banner of Fear and Magic Talent, flipped Sparing Power for Song of Wind, floated into the city cracking an endless gem pouch for exactly the mana I needed including black for the offer's Earthquake. I invited the nearby dragon to join and everybody died! Broke my highscore in the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.