Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Davis Brasfield
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys, our all day session starts. here are some 1st pass questions.

1) We assume clear terrain is NOT HALF as per all the charts. Page 11 footnote box is correct?
2) We find no rule 8.12.2.2 as listed in 9.3. There is no such rule?
3) No rule 8.13.3 listed in 8.9.1 Retreat Movement. Correct?
4) ZOC. 8.9.3 states no retreat through EZOC. Is this Correct?
5) ZOC. 7.4.2 No where does it state that moving units must STOP when entering an EZOC. The only time a unit stops is when it enters an ENEMY HEX. THIS IS A BIG ISSUE.
6) ZOC. 2.0 ZONES OF CONTROL. Air Units have a ZOC? is this correct? what does it do?
7) GERMAN HQ 16.3 Armor/Air HQs cannot move a different Nationality.
vs 16.8 at the end states "Remember that German HQs, as Germany is the Axis Leader, once activated can move minor allies Armor and Air units..
8) LEND LEASE CONVOY ATTACK box. Arctic Route States
3 German Type VII hit on 6. Does this mean you get 3 dice for each pip on the Sub? Thus the 3 point sub gets 9 dice to roll.
Same for all the others
That's all for now. More later.
Love the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the rules and played twice, I might be wrong:

1) Right.
2) Right.
3) Right.
4) Right.
5) Right.
6) It seems to me that air unit do not have ZOC.
7) I think so.
8) I dunno.

DavisBrasfield wrote:
Hey Guys, our all day session starts. here are some 1st pass questions.

1) We assume clear terrain is NOT HALF as per all the charts. Page 11 footnote box is correct?
2) We find no rule 8.12.2.2 as listed in 9.3. There is no such rule?
3) No rule 8.13.3 listed in 8.9.1 Retreat Movement. Correct?
4) ZOC. 8.9.3 states no retreat through EZOC. Is this Correct?
5) ZOC. 7.4.2 No where does it state that moving units must STOP when entering an EZOC. The only time a unit stops is when it enters an ENEMY HEX. THIS IS A BIG ISSUE.
6) ZOC. 2.0 ZONES OF CONTROL. Air Units have a ZOC? is this correct? what does it do?
7) GERMAN HQ 16.3 Armor/Air HQs cannot move a different Nationality.
vs 16.8 at the end states "Remember that German HQs, as Germany is the Axis Leader, once activated can move minor allies Armor and Air units..
8) LEND LEASE CONVOY ATTACK box. Arctic Route States
3 German Type VII hit on 6. Does this mean you get 3 dice for each pip on the Sub? Thus the 3 point sub gets 9 dice to roll.
Same for all the others
That's all for now. More later.
Love the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Davis

always amazing to hear from the other side of the ocean!

Almost of your observations are correct and have been highlighted and fixed in the new Manual.

I'm gonna post ALL THE CORRECTEC CHARTS to help you in the game.

1. RIGHT
2. RIGHT
3. RIGHT
4. RIGHT
5. RIGHT. EZOC does not force to end movement.
6. YES. AIR UNITS have a ZOC when landed. They have not while performing combat missions. The reason is that they had also huge sipport unit attached, such as AA..., but it was also for a game mechanic. Long story...
7. RIGHT. IT CANNOT. IT WAS A MISTAKE. GERMAN OKW CAN
8. NO. 1 PIP 1 DIE. 3 PIPS 3 DICE

The Manual is under review, and it should be raedy by the end of November.

Charts are incoming
Any more question just ask
ALL THE BEST

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davis Brasfield
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Emanuele & Shakar,

1) Was looking at production. The turn chart shows factories. DO this arrive in the game at no cost?
2) in the above do you have to build all new factories because new ones are not free.
3)In question 1 the TURN CHART has factories listed near the top of the box then others have factories listed at the bottom of the Turn Box. What does that mean?
4) ZOC-can you trace supply through a hex where an enemy ZOC extends into it but a friendly unit occupies that hex? In other words- Do friendly units negate EZOCs?

Thanks,
Still having fun with the game
Davis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?

Maube you mean the Production Tracker?

4.The concept of ZOC in BITE is very easy (and almost easier than in other wargames).
The ZOC of a unit extends in all the adiacent ground hexes free of enemy units.

So the presence of a friendly unit, negates the EZOC for every purpose (including supply)

emanuele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davis Brasfield
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emanuele, sorry for not being more clear.

1. Looking at the TURN CHART. Turn 25 shows 2 BLUE Factories and 3 Red Factories in the upper half of the TURN BOX. Do these 5 Factories arrive for free? TURN 34 shows 1 RED and 1 BLUE factory-same question.
2. I was wondering 1)if you have to buy all factories per the rules or 2)do the ones shown in the TURN TRACK.
3. The Red and BLue Factories shown on the TURN CHART are in various locations, TOP 1/3, BOTTOM 1/3. On Turn 46 there are 3 Factories listed in the upper 3rd, 6 Factories in the middle, 2 Factories in the bottom third. Trying to figure out what this means. Are the Russia or German???

We got several turns done yesterday. I am not doing so well as the Axis. :-)

Thanks for the help
Davis

PS. Sorry to bother you so much but just trying to be helpful for errata and such. I have over 2,000 games and have been war gaming since 1959-AH Gettysburg. I always want new designers to be successful. Am retired from Hi Tech with too much time on my hands. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS
Germany
North Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Davis.
There is really no need to say sorry because your questions are very good and detailed. Emanuele already sent me a longer explanation of the Production Charts that will be part of the revised manual.
We are working hard (and all nights long) on Manual 2.0, and be sure that every question and answer will receive attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Davis, you are welcome.
Just very busy in these last days.

Those on the Turn Tracker are a reminder for the Soviet player Lend Lease Aid.
Blue Cubes are aircrafts, red cubes are armors the Soviet player gets every turn for free, from the marked turn on (from September 41)

Upper: Murmansk-Artic convoys
Middle: Vladivostock-Pacific convoy
Lower: Persian Corridor-Indian Ocean

The general idea is that you can find all the needed informations on the map, without having to go back to the manual for every rule.

It's very hard to play as the Axis, expecially the 1941 scenario/campaign. And it is even more difficult to win...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davis Brasfield
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emanuele,

The 1941 Scenario/Campaign. What we found is the replacements build up the Russian front line very quickly. I would suggest delaying the build up until maybe September. All the East Front games we have played in the past make it so the Russian are barely holding on and all seems lost in June July August, the Russians then start coming in a big numbers and slow the Germans in front of Moscow. Lots of tension.
My feeling now as the Germans is that there is no way to win after the first turn nor second turn, too many Russians coming back on the map.

davis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo Davis,

you right saying that the Axis is very hard.
The German opening of the Barbarossa Scenario is one of the biggest challenge of BITE.

But... dont get discouraged by the first failure. The strategy behind this game is not easy, and there are some tricks to find out to get the best out of your Panzer Armies.

Do you have any pics of the situation?
Maybe I can give some advice.

ALL THE BEST

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.