Hide
10 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Strategy

Subject: best 5player combo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nel eai
msg tools
Hello, if you want to know how what is best 5player game combo here it is. With bit of cooperation it can get you 35249 winning points

1. occ animal trainer, day labourer have 6f
2. 6clay, starting player( gypsy crock)
3. major imp cooking hearth, traveling players 3f + (6f->3boars->10f) = 13f
4. occ basin marker, tp 1f+ 1f+(12f->6boars->21f) = 23f
5. take clay, tp 1f+1f+(18f->9 boars->31f) = 33f
6. golem, tp 1f+(30f->52f)=58f
7. fireplace, tp 1f+1f+(52->91)=102f , 179f
8 wood,313f,548f
9 oak bark,953f

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Except that the wording for animal trainer (I'm fairly certain) says you may buy animals WITH THE FOOD FROM TRAVELLING PLAYERS. Thus you may NOT use your own food for this.

Haven't looked at that card that closely in a while, but I'm fairly certain it's that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhhh Kaayyyyyy.

Firstly, you know food isn't the same as victory points, yes? The only card (I think) that directly turns food into VPs is the Glutton, and he can only gain you 6 VPs. The Basin Maker is great, but where do you propose getting all that wood from?

Secondly, and really most importantly, you're using Animal Trainer wrong. You can only use the food that you pick up from Travelling Players to buy animals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nel eai
msg tools
ousgg wrote:
Ohhhh Kaayyyyyy.

Firstly, you know food isn't the same as victory points, yes? The only card (I think) that directly turns food into VPs is the Glutton, and he can only gain you 6 VPs. The Basin Maker is great, but where do you propose getting all that wood from?

oak bark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't excuse the fact that you are still misinterpreting Animal Trainer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nel eai
msg tools
ousgg wrote:

Ok, that was because I seen it played this way then converting it into vp come in my mind

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neleai wrote:
ousgg wrote:

Ok, that was because I seen it played this way then converting it into vp come in my mind

Yeah, the person you saw use it was playing it wrong. You can only use the food from the Traveling Player's space. You can not use food from your supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neleai wrote:
ousgg wrote:
Ohhhh Kaayyyyyy.

oak bark

Also, what is this "oak bark" card? Could someone provide a link? I can't seem to find it on playagricola.com anywhere. Maybe let me know what deck it is in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
sandswoll wrote:

Also, what is this "oak bark" card? Could someone provide a link? I can't seem to find it on playagricola.com anywhere. Maybe let me know what deck it is in?

Farmers of the Moor. Receive 1 Wood every time you cook a Boar or Cattle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.