5 Posts

3012» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules on scouts and action cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jadon Rose
msg tools
Hi!

My friends and I tried playing this for the first time yesterday. We had a couple of questions that came up:

Scouts - can your own scouts attack for you? The game rules state they can only aid or defend, but there is at least 1 Ally that says your scouts do additional damage, so it seems like they would be able to attack on your behalf. Allies are part of your deck and can only be played on your turn, right?

Playing revealed Action cards - do these add to your gold total if you play them? Also, if you've not bought them, where do they go after they've been played? They're still sacrificed? Finally, it seems like some of these cards allow you to acquire them without buying them. The Shield, for example, allows you to discard it to gain 1 gold. If it's revealed, can I discard it into my own discard without paying for it, and get the 1 gold? The rule book says card text trumps rules, so I wanted to check. We have a similar question regarding Rampage; it seems like we can just sacrifice it off the top of the Action deck without paying for it.

Thanks very much for all the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schloth
United States
Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Some answers from Cryptozoic's Matt Hyra on Cryptozoic's webpage forum:
( http://forums.cryptozoic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90 )

"Sac and Discard: If you sacrifice a card from the action stack, it goes to the sacrificed pile. You can't discard a card from on top of an action stack. Discarding may only be done from your hand."

"Ooq [name of the Ally who gives +1 Attack to Scouts]: You can play Scouts during your own combat, but not to Aid or Block. So they only do anything during combat if you have Ooq or some other Scout-booster in play."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yes, the Gold on the revealed Action cards do add to your total for the turn.
If you don't buy a revealed Action card, and no one Reserves it, then it is sacrificed.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Tyson
msg tools
With respect to your other questions though:

You may not discard a revealed card into your discard pile without paying for it. I like the way you think though!

On the other hand, if a revealed card says you may sacrifice it to create an effect, yes, you can do that.

Charles Tyson
Designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Shamrowicz
United States
Copley
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
That's Heathersome!
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:
Yes, the Gold on the revealed Action cards do add to your total for the turn.
If you don't buy a revealed Action card, and no one Reserves it, then it is sacrificed.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

I thought the rules stated that you MAY use the "Game text" as if you played them from your hand, but the gold value for a revealed card is not game text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.