Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've run into situations where I precog and see 4 agendas in a row...or something along those lines. Anyway, the HQ ends up getting clogged with agendas, and maybe having an extra 2 cards in hand would help buffer successful runs on HQ, since there are currently no shuffle effects besides Aggressive Negotiation. Maybe I should just solve my problem that way. I could search for Corp Troubleshooter in the process. (Currently speaking of running it in Haas-Biroid here)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend of mine puts it to good use in a Jinteki deck where he bides his time until midgame to score agendas. The increased HQ size helps a fair bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you're consistently keeping the Runner out of HQ, it's kind of a bad card.

With 2 vectors to successfully access HQ (Sneakdoor Beta and the normal front door), it's not difficult to trash this Upgrade and send the Corp into a tailspin the following turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Chan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I do make use of this with Melange. Gets me more turns of using Melange without playing anything, and turns spent running on HQ attempting to trash Research Station means another turn for me to click Melange, and a wider credit gap. Runners almost never go for it over killing miners.
Even if Research Station does get trashed, I have plenty of credits now to play my hand to the lower limit.
In fact, I go so far as to put only Shadows in front of HQ, so running HQ will only increase the credit gap further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Turpin
Canada
Falmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This guy gets it. Agree 100%

mrthefter wrote:
Actually, I do make use of this with Melange. Gets me more turns of using Melange without playing anything, and turns spent running on HQ attempting to trash Research Station means another turn for me to click Melange, and a wider credit gap. Runners almost never go for it over killing miners.
Even if Research Station does get trashed, I have plenty of credits now to play my hand to the lower limit.
In fact, I go so far as to put only Shadows in front of HQ, so running HQ will only increase the credit gap further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does something unique and beneficial, and it does it relatively economically. The card isn't objectively bad.

From there, I can say I don't much care for it, but I have a buddy who runs 2 in every Weyland deck he builds. Card's fine, play it if you like it.

Also the guy who pointed out the Melange interaction might be onto something, that's cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.