Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Sieffert
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I'm not one to complain. In fact I very rarely even post my thoughts online. However, after purchasing the Quest for the Qladiator expansion I have to say that I'm disappointed. The quality of the dice up to now have been great. This most recent addition of forty new dice are spotty at best. The paint has bubbled on some dice, a good percentage of them have bald spots where the paint didn't take. Overall, they were just sloppily put together. Normally, I would have to problems with a few blemishes on my dice. However, since they are the only components in this game (aside from the cards) I feel I am justified in my complaint. Still, it's a great game and the quality of the dice will not stop me from playing it. I just hope in the future Wizkids! quality control testers step it up a notch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine too were of lesser quality than previous expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dicenslice wrote:
Now I'm not one to complain. In fact I very rarely even post my thoughts online. However, after purchasing the Quest for the Qladiator expansion I have to say that I'm disappointed. The quality of the dice up to now have been great. This most recent addition of forty new dice are spotty at best. The paint has bubbled on some dice, a good percentage of them have bald spots where the paint didn't take. Overall, they were just sloppily put together. Normally, I would have to problems with a few blemishes on my dice. However, since they are the only components in this game (aside from the cards) I feel I am justified in my complaint. Still, it's a great game and the quality of the dice will not stop me from playing it. I just hope in the future Wizkids! quality control testers step it up a notch.

Well that sux! I was hoping that the improvements we have been seeing as of late would continue. I'm still getting the game, though.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no such problems on my copy. I was actually quite impressed with the look and feel of the new dice and cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Ferguson
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
This is really funny as my first copy was horrible, my second was okay and this one really only has one or two things wrong with it. Mostly I just hate that I have one die with the starburst not painted in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
WestonTheFox wrote:
This is really funny as my first copy was horrible, my second was okay and this one really only has one or two things wrong with it. Mostly I just hate that I have one die with the starburst not painted in.

I think that anybody playing Quarriors by now should be pretty acquainted with poor dice quality..... It almost has a reassuring quality to it. It never really bothered me for some reason.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
I think that anybody playing Quarriors by now should be pretty acquainted with poor dice quality.....

Not really. Both expansions prior to this had clear, large symbols and numbers on them. Only the basic set had problems
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Teamski wrote:
I think that anybody playing Quarriors by now should be pretty acquainted with poor dice quality.....

Not really. Both expansions prior to this had clear, large symbols and numbers on them. Only the basic set had problems

Well, I still had some issues with my Quarrmageddon dice, so it hasn't been completely "fixed."

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Ziebarth
United States
Ozark
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would think quality would be better considering the price of the expansion. I can't believe they want this much for the expansion.
Almost makes me sick thinking of how much money I've put into this game.(including expansions)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
Well, I still had some issues with my Quarrmageddon dice, so it hasn't been completely "fixed."

I know. I am saying that some of us thought it was a problem of the past. So we had no reason to expect the 3rd expansion to be flawed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle

Seabrook
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy is completely readable without any major issues, but 4 dice either need more filler paint or slightly overfilled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Teamski wrote:

I know. I am saying that some of us thought it was a problem of the past. So we had no reason to expect the 3rd expansion to be flawed.

Well, I retract my statement. I got a clear Frog in with my Frost Howlers. I don't have a clue how that is possible. With the paint issues, I too am unimpressed. shake

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Brøchner
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this expansion yesterday and there's 5 dice which are missing some paint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luckily it is quite easy to dip a bit of paint onto the die and remove excess paint with a cloth...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Brøchner
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Luckily it is quite easy to dip a bit of paint onto the die and remove excess paint with a cloth...

Sure, but when you buy a new game it should be in perfect condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When has China become wellrenowned for making high quality products? surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Brøchner
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:

I don't care where the game is made.
I have paid a fair sum of money for a brand new game, therefore the game should be in mint condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:

I dunno....call it Heroscape.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Brøchner
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my replacement dice the other day and even those are in poor quality.
They are a bit better than the ones that i first got, but they are still not perfect.
I don't get how they can send poor quallity replacements....i'm done buying WK games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.