Flavio Jandorno
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the project and backed it right away, but the mentioned update#11 really bugs me. I never seen this kind of thing done on any Kickstarter project I ever backed, and I think it's not the right way to go. I usually refer the projects I like and try to disseminate them in my gaming groups and with the gamer comunity down here in Brazil, but there is no guarantee that people will back it also and that they will even give the referral credit on the pledge (unless you annoy your friends into it or "buy" the referral like you are doing here - nothing wrong with it) . And update #11 keep me thinking that I'm backing a project and not getting the full game because some special cards have some lame requirements to be obtained. I followed many sucessful drives and this is a first for me.
I keep a geeklist for brazilian gamers with the KS projects we are supporting (or thinking about it) so we can discuss the projects and perform group pledges (important for international backers who can save on shipping) but since that update I decided not to keep the game on the geeklist and not refer it to other gamers. Currently my heart tells me to withdrawn my pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat McFae
msg tools
Flavio, I get what you're saying. It's frustrating when you may not cards because of certain requirements. But it's not unlike setting a bar that certain rewards are available at certain pledge levels.

I really do believe in this project. I don't mind helping a few folks. I did disclose the "what's in it for me" cause I wanted to be transparent. You should talk to the admin and state your thoughts. If enough people feel this way, I don't see why he wouldn't change his mind. The few conversations we've had leads me to believe he cares. Give it a try before giving up.

**** Update **** This offer is no longer available. It's been decided that the cards are going to be stretch goals, not referral based so this thread should be closed. Sorry if it offended anyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Jandorno
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
but the question is: if you set a bar that certain rewards will be available at certain pledge levels, you give me the choice of picking it or not for a monetary value. How it was set if I'm not very influent nor have that many gaming friends who are willing to back the project it's an unachievable goal (the gaming community here is pretty dim). I think if those cards were set up as a stretch goal, many pledgers would do their best to see that goal achieved. The way it's set has also a potential to increase pledges (and you'll even have more control and will be able to quantify by how much - what you can't do with stretch goals) - but it's not for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But wait! Act now and we'll throw in the salad shooter, absolutely free!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.