(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
I´ve had regular trouble to reach BGG lately, ranging from crawling to complete lack of connection. Using the IP address directly does not help. Is this a local network problem (I mean my side of the pond) or is the BGG server a 486 ?

Aldie (& other admins), do you guys need some hardware ?

Can we do something ?

I am definitely not trolling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pricing out 2 servers to get us up to 4 server configuration. So hopefully we can get that up before the end of the year. The middle of the day here in the US is the busiest time.

We've also been having some crashes in apache which creates a denial of service on the server. Not sure what that's all about. I am continuing to investigate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Scott
United Kingdom
Liverpool
UK
flag msg tools
any need for funding?? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd happily contribute to the cost of a server if it meant a more reliable geek - first port of call when the computer goes on. WELl..... apart from at work where our draconian firewall doesn't allow games sites

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger, you can donate cash money to support BGG. Just click on a Supporters badge like the one under my avatar to the left. If you have a Paypal account already, it's easy. If you donate more than ten dollars, you get your own 05 badge. And given how weak and feeble the US dollar is, it's easy for us Europeans, with our strong inflation-free currencies to prop up the ailing ecomonohnevermind you get the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.