9 Posts

Star Trek Deck Building Game: The Original Series» Forums » General

Subject: Tribbilation Game Day Event rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vicious Tiger
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went on Saturday to the only store in Toronto that was listed on Bandai website as participating in the "Tribbilation" event, and no one there knew anything about it.

Did anybody get any Tribble cards? Or win the TOS game mat that was supposed to be given away at each participating store?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked with a couple stores in Ottawa and briefly considered driving to Montreal to go to one of the two stores listed on the Bandai site. I didn't even think to check with them; just assumed that if it was on the Bandai site, then the store(s) would be participating.

Short answer: didn't go. Still interested in getting some Tribble cards, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Ellis
United States
Aloha
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Try a new game today :)
badge
Happy Gaming!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry that your experience wasn't good but Bandai did deliver for my local store (Rainy Day Games in Oregon). We only had 4 players (poor weather likely kept some away). Had a great time and everyone left with Tribbles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Kastle in the California Bay area had them. If you played a game you got one, if you taught someone how to play you got another. So far I've ended up with about 6... enough to be a menace to gameplay with the wrong hand and make use of discarding them to someone else's.

I just wonder how long this event will last.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I and my two friends were the only people to show up at Guardian in Portland and I'm the only one who actually owns a copy of the game. I got to keep a whole pack of 25 tribbles. (26 counting the one included in the pre-order promo.) They had a second pack, but I don't know what happened to it. We put 15 in our deck and played the game twice. It seemed to help more often than it hindered and in the second game we were actually taking them for ourselves instead of passing them to others - I'm not sure what the intent of the card was supposed to be.

By default, I also "won" the tribbles play mat, but apparently there was a production issue and the couldn't ship them in time. I'm supposed to get a call when the mat comes in, but the person running the event left before we were done and the guy I left the info didn't seem to know that there was an event that day, so I sort of feel as though I'm in limbo as to if I will actually get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bykov
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
There will be a post on the Facebook page once the mats are shipped to the store so keep a lookout for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Siebenthall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I showed at Game Kastle in San Jose and the person never showed up! I bought the game, but no Tribbles for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baraiha wrote:
I showed at Game Kastle in San Jose and the person never showed up! I bought the game, but no Tribbles for me!

That sucks, dude! You should've come up to the Fremont location. I was running the event there and we had a good turnout, especially for a rainy day. I think there was about 8 or so participants. Everyone got tribbles (see Michael's post above) and seemed to have a really good time. I will be up there on Saturday and wouldn't mind playing again, although, I don't know about any more tribbles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Mondaro
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran my local store's event and ended up with 7 for my trouble (+ the 1 in the pre-order promos gave my 8 for my deck)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.