Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A co-worker is asking for recommendations for cooperative games that can be played with his kids, the older of whom is 8. Of course, Flash Point and Forbidden Island come to mind. Are there others one might recommend for kids that young?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Castle Panic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Never played it, but Max springs to mind...

Susie_Cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mice and Mystics
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidden Island, Castle Panic, and Flash Point: Fire Rescue will all work well. We have all 3, and our 6 and 8 year old girls play and enjoy all of them. The nice thing about Coops with kids is that the parent can be in charge of the rules, but the kids can make most of their own decisions. And, since everybody is in it together, you don't get as much negative drama from the kids who lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A.H. van de Laak
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 7 year old daughter likes Lord of the Rings - the boardgame. I play it with her. (get the Fantasy Flight Edition)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidden Island, hands down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis da Ponte Alayza
Peru
Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mice and Mystics
This a game we are currently playing with my 9 years old daughter and we are having a blast! Seen her get totally involved in the story and "living" the game is priceless.

You cant't go wrong with this one, unless you are not into story driven games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, primarily Forbidden Island and Castle Panic. Very good games and he will have a good grasp of the mechanics and possibly the basic strategy. Also, shorter duration. The other ones are more complex and you will do most of the work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buddha Meeple
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mb
My friends 8 year old daughter loves Pandemic.
Of course you'll have to explain what is pandemy first

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your suggestions! Castle Panic and Mice and Mystics look especially interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb
Break the Safe
Forbidden Island
Castle Panic

*written in kids order of preference

I've played the above with a group of kids aged between 6 & 12 almost every day for over a year now and they still love them enough to request over everything else we own, especially the top two ..

I'd also recommend looking at familypasttimes range of games which cater to the younger ones and are all co-ops meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Weiss
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 7 year old daughter and 14 year old son both love Castle Panic and Pandemic.

The 7 year old actually prefers Pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.