Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Neher
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the hex designs and rules about mountains somewhat confusing. It looks as if you never will need to cross a mountain when expanding from one hex to another; that is, the only time you ever would cross a mountain is when you are expanding from one space on a hex to another space on the same hex. Is that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Roberts
United Kingdom
Burton On Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Sysop of "Big Bang Burger Bar" Forum (www.bigbangburgerbar.co.uk)
badge
Organiser of "Raiders of the Game Cupboard" (www.raidersofthegamecupboard.co.uk)
mbmbmbmbmb
djnesq wrote:
I find the hex designs and rules about mountains somewhat confusing. It looks as if you never will need to cross a mountain when expanding from one hex to another; that is, the only time you ever would cross a mountain is when you are expanding from one space on a hex to another space on the same hex. Is that right?

For the most part that is correct, although if memory serves one of the tiles does have a mountain across the edge between the hexes.

Having to cross mountains becomes more improtant later in teh game as space gets to be a premium as tribes spread across the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Neher
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I should clarify. It seems that you will not cross a mountain when expanding from one hex board to another, regardless of how the boards are arranged. I think there is an instance when you cross a mountain when expanding from one hex to the other hex on the same board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Roberts
United Kingdom
Burton On Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Sysop of "Big Bang Burger Bar" Forum (www.bigbangburgerbar.co.uk)
badge
Organiser of "Raiders of the Game Cupboard" (www.raidersofthegamecupboard.co.uk)
mbmbmbmbmb
djnesq wrote:
I guess I should clarify. It seems that you will not cross a mountain when expanding from one hex board to another, regardless of how the boards are arranged. I think there is an instance when you cross a mountain when expanding from one hex to the other hex on the same board.

As can be seen in the layout below, to clarify my statement, you would only need to cross mountains to go to spaces on the same hex (for the most part). But as can be seen (top right) one Set of Hexes has a mountain between them.

However, careful attention on how and what order you place tribe members means you can sometimes get round this mountains. There are times also when it would be cheaper to go over a mountain rather than around it.
Just depends on how crowded the areas are at the time and what "Technology" you have obtained.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.