Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Murdock
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I own all the CoC LCG cards and was storing them in binders. The binders were stored in a plastic crate and the whole kit was really heavy. I noticed some people were using this wooden artist case from Hobby Lobby as a storage solution for a variety of boardgames (Arkham Horror, Dominion, etc...). This case with cards is still weighty but less unwieldy.

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/wooden-artist-case-12500...

I had some black foam core and matte board lying around and made separators for the cards. I used the box art from an extra core set box to make a cover for the cards to keep them from moving around too much in transit. The lid holds the board and rulebook. Foam blocks are from a Thunderstone expansion.

The case costs 20 dollars but you can get a 40% off coupon from their website.

http://www.hobbylobby.com/weekly/coupon.cfm

The next step is to line the bottom with felt and get some wood slats to replace the foam core separators as well as making a more permanent board and drain token solution. Also I plan on burning an elder sign into the lid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks sharp! Yeah, the felt lining really makes a wooden box look classy. I have a wooden cigar box that I turned into a case for my straight razors with red felt lining and 1/8 basswood dividers (also coated in red felt).

One bit of advice, do NOT let any glue touch the visible side of the felt. That stuff is impossible to clean even simple white glue out of - once it's on there that piece is ruined.

For me, I just can't give up the easy browseability of the binder though - even though it's a lot more work maintaining the stupid things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty awesome. I'll need to see if there is a place in Iowa City that sells them. The nearest Hobby Lobby is in Coralville and I dislike the company for their politics. (not to derail the thread.)

Good work. If I find one at a good price I may come back with questions if the felt and divider thing isn't obvious on how to customize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agent 57 wrote:
(not to derail the thread.)

I share the sentiment, but I have a 40% off coupon to a local art supply place, and I think I'll see if they have something similar for sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Count Ringworm
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agent 57 wrote:
This is pretty awesome. I'll need to see if there is a place in Iowa City that sells them. The nearest Hobby Lobby is in Coralville

I picked up one this weekend- they had a pile of them in Dubuque. Haven't looked here in Des Moines yet, but i'd be amazed if they *didn't* have some too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Strunk
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You inspired me to do the same thing for my lord of the rings cards. The standard fantasy flight sleeves and barely under the top of the case. So my plan is to line the walls with just a little bit more wood so the included tray that used to sink in will now rest on top without crushing the cards. Doing that the top will still be able to close down. The final thing is I need to choose whether or not to put an extra cover over the tray if I don't want to baggie bits and pieces. Here's a picture of what I'm doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Murdock
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great idea! Hmmm, I may have to do this myself...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.