Popular Tags: [View All]
PO
Australia
Strathfield
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not one of the great questions of all time, but I was just wondering if anyone knows why a 3 player game has 15 rounds when a 2 or 4 player game has 12? 12 is evenly divisible by 2, 3 & 4, so it would seem to be a good number of rounds regardless of the number of players.

I haven't played the game yet - still trying to work things out.
Is the game better with more rounds? If so, could they have made the 2/4 player game go for 16 rounds?

Anyway, just thought I'd ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably to keep the game balance. There are 48 (4x12) individual turns (roles/actions) with 2 or 4 players, and 45 (3x15) turns with 3 players. If a 3-player game took 12 rounds, there would be only 36 individual player turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PO
Australia
Strathfield
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool - thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
manolo mr
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always wondered myself the same question, but I think GSReis is right and it will be to keep balance the game regarding time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Several buildings score depending on how much has been built on the board, and they will become too strong or too weak if the total number of player turns fluctuate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Kwan wrote:
Several buildings score depending on how much has been built on the board, and they will become too strong or too weak if the total number of player turns fluctuate.

And others will become stronger. Like the tavern, which scores for every meeple in the Castle. It's nicely balanced; some are becoming weaker, some stronger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.