Vietnam 1965-1975» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clear and secure rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it legal to declare a C&S operation on an empty or irrelevant target hex simply to place the active units in advantageous positions to conduct Patrol operations?

For example, surrounding several Ops Complete VC units with Patrolling units before you launch an S&D Op on them.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think so. You don't even have to declare a target hex let alone have a unit in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Knight
United States
Westerly
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
boyinblue1 wrote:
Is it legal to declare a C&S operation on an empty or irrelevant target hex simply to place the active units in advantageous positions to conduct Patrol operations?

For example, surrounding several Ops Complete VC units with Patrolling units before you launch an S&D Op on them.

Dave

Absolutely legal.

Mark and I often begin our operations with "Target Hex Hanoi" or "Target Hex Saigon"…

Then do as we wish with the operating units to position them as we like.

The Operation ends immediately when no combat is possible.

And the Clear and Secure Operation allows operating units to be placed on Hold or Patrol "at the end of any operation that does not find them in a target hex".

Go for it. Its brilliant.

Remember, of course, that enemy units get reaction movement if you get adjacent to them. So best go on Patrol with one hex in between to form your patrol net.

Randy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Completely legal. Randy meant 'Clear and Secure' as opposed to 'Security'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Knight
United States
Westerly
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
I agree. Completely legal. Randy meant 'Clear and Secure' as opposed to 'Security'.

Yes, fixed that goof, thanks Mark!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.