Popular Tags: [View All]
Alec
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having a bugger of a time getting this game, and having played it finally at bgg.con has only made me want this more. I'm thinking about ordering an imitation deck off artscow, but was wondering if there are any other games that have suitable decks for this game.

Surely there are a ton of cheap kids games or other common card games that have 5 suits, with numbers 1-5? I guess the hard part will be finding them with 3 copies of 1's, but I wouldn't mind buying a few copies if it's cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Five Crowns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Freshmaker
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 Rage or Sticheln decks. These can also be used to play a ton of other games.

Alternatively, get 6 poker decks from a dollar store and mark up one of the suits in 3 of the decks as Kites or Valentines. See the "Do It Yourself" section of the following article: http://www.thegamesjournal.com/articles/GameSystems2.shtml

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some threads on this like
Building it yourself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gumby
Australia
Taree
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat. I was looking at Coloretto. Would that do it? You would have to add numbers.

Correction: Coloretto only has nine cards of each colour, Hananbi needs ten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would definitely work, and Is a good idea. It has 6+ colors, you'd just have to add numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gumby
Australia
Taree
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was thinking of getting some of those rub on stencil numbers.

I'd buy the original but I can't find anyone in Australia who sells it, and postage from overseas is more than the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
You can order it from GameSurplus. It's back ordered, but inexpensive, low shipping if you buy just that. You'll get it eventually. That's where I got my new version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
You can order it from GameSurplus. It's back ordered, but inexpensive, low shipping if you buy just that. You'll get it eventually. That's where I got my new version.

that's where I got my copy as well...the cocktail games version and it came with english rules printed for you (albeit horribly printed!) I guess the new version comes with a full 10 cards in multi-color, which makes me want it for that alone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zohar B
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Another replacement option is a double set of Lost Cities. Yes, that may appear weird but some geeks (present company included) have two sets so as to play with four players. Anyway, just use the investment cards as Ones and you're all set. And yes, you'll need tokens/chips to achieve further authenticity or lack thereof.

z

edit: didn't realize someone else had suggested this idea in an earlier thread. my bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Crawford
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bucket King -- except that you'd have to use 2-6, 3-7, or 4-8. If you use 1-5, there aren't enough 1's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gusgus mcgee

granite falls
Washington
msg tools
In limbo is the only reason i play it this game!, watched a review of hanabi and remembered, in limbo has five colors and weird numbers of cards. Then i use five, 10 days in the USA card racks. woo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcius Fabiani
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
Obviously you're not a golfer.
badge
Obviously you're not a golfer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing Abyss with my wife today and we realized that you can use the Exploration deck to play Hanabi. There are exactly 5 races of Allies, each of them with its unique colour, and there are more than enough numbered Ally cards to play Hanabi (three 1s, two 2s, two 3s, two 4s, and one 5). In fact, after finishing our play of Abyss, we played a game of Hanabi with the Exploration cards, and it worked just fine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.