Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Hartig
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Michael!

There seems to be a rules mismatch between the english rules from FFG and the german rules.

In FFGs rulebook, a hero MUST STOP his movement when he enters a space with a fog token.
In the german rules, a hero CAN CONTINUE to move after he entered a space with a fog token.

Now, what is considered "official"?

Fred

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Tulpan
msg tools
I believe you have to open the fog token only if you stop there, as it require some lurking around the "land". Not when you just pass it.

Well, at least that's how we played it.

Just close your eyes and run through the all the mists... Feel the hot flow of Will power, cold ugly stench of Gors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
French rules also states that you can cross fog areas without stopping, but you reveal the fog token only when stopping.
I think the original (German) rule is the good one, Michael will tell!
Maybe FFG changed it on purpose?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Menzel
msg tools
designer
Dear Fred

It's just like Jimmy answered allready.

You are allowed to pass fields with a fog token, you do not have to stop. But if you stop on such field, then you have to activate the fog token.

Kind regards
Micha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Tulpan
msg tools
Yee! Thank you for clarification!

Also, We all enjoy your game here! Thank you very much. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Grillini
Italy
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I think that in all european rules you can move through the fog freely but you have to stop to flip the counter.
But I have also have to tell you one thingh, we are a group of gamers and we have found the game a bit on the easy side for a cooperative so we devised the same rule as FFG to spice things up. Legend 4 is a totally different beast to beat with this rule change. And is also more thematic, if you think about it. But the game designer has chosen a simple approach about rule deepness so you spend the same time to trave in plains or in mountains or through the fog! :-) In the end I think it's a matter of your (and your game group)taste what to do. I have found the game easy customizable but I have to say that I hope that with FFG we'll see some more interesting and hard to beat legends. Good game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Stecchi
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG rules state that you have to stop when you enter in a fog space, revealing the fog, but this action does not advance the hour count for that player. That's ok. But it is not specified if his/her, let's say, "segment" is finished or not, passing to the player to his left.

Question: when a player enter a fog space, after revealing the marker, can continue his movement, or he/she must wait for his/her next "segment"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borys Zaba-Zabinski
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all no need to stop on fog tokens - you can pass through it without revealing it.
Secondly, if you stop on fog token and reveal it, than your move is finished and next player round starts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, moving into fog, stopping there and revealing the fog token does take the normal time for moving. It's only the revealing itself that doesn't take any time if the hero stops there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.