6 Posts

Age of Industry» Forums » Rules

Subject: discarded cards: open or secret information?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
newbie newbie
msg tools
When a card is discarded,
should it be faced up(open to all player) or faced down(only the discarding players know the card)??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
β€œIt's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules handy, but we always discarded face up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state "face up".

So, just to head off the anticipated follow-up question, if there is someone in your group hell-bent on card-counting, I suggest you agree to allow it or deny it, prior to play, and if everyone cannot agree, then inspecting the deck shouldn't be allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kouris
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DarrellKH wrote:

So, just to head off the anticipated follow-up question, if there is someone in your group hell-bent on card-counting, I suggest you agree to allow it or deny it, prior to play, and if everyone cannot agree, then inspecting the deck shouldn't be allowed.

Just to be picky devil. The rule doesn't state "face up" for every actions requiring to play cards.

You have to play face up when building an industry with a card.

When combining two actions to build an industry, the rule doesn't explicitly state to play the cards face up (since these cards don't have to match the industry or location restrictions).

When passing also, the rule doesn't state you have to play a card face up.

Anyway, in my group we play all cards face up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
styren wrote:
DarrellKH wrote:

Just to be picky devil. The rule doesn't state "face up" for every actions requiring to play cards.

You have to play face up when building an industry with a card.

When combining two actions to build an industry, the rule doesn't explicitly state to play the cards face up (since these cards don't have to match the industry or location restrictions).

When passing also, the rule doesn't state you have to play a card face up.

Anyway, in my group we play all cards face up.

No, the rules don't state " face up " for every discard or play of cards, but that must be taken as read. I don't know of any game where the discard pile will have both face up and face down cards. I am sure that the designers here intended all cards to be face up, otherwise they would have been explicit in instructing both up and/or down as appropriate.

We have always played " face up " and never even thought to question it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahiksking wrote:
I don't know of any game where the discard pile will have both face up and face down cards.

Android: Netrunner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.