The Big Idea» Forums » Variants

Subject: How I play The Big Idea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Just Lucky
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Works with 4 or more people. The rules are much the same but it has fast and intuitive scoring.

People have 6 cards and take it in turns to pitch a big idea placing their cards in front of them. Then everyone puts a vote card on each other players cards. One vote card for each player has a medal while the others are blank. The medal card should be put on the player's pile that they think is most likely to get the most votes.

All the vote cards are revealed and the person whose idea received the most votes gets 2 points. Everyone who voted for that person gets 1 point each. Voting cards are returned to the players.

In the case of a tie for number of votes, they each get 2 points and whoever voted for them gets 1 point (Unless they already had 2 points - you cannot get more than 2 points in a round).

Scores are tallied on a piece of paper as they are so many cards flying around that using cards as points might lead to confusion.

Players refill their hands and the next round proceeds with a different person pitching their idea first.

So the winner of the game will ultimately be the person who can up with the best inventions and also was able to pick the most popular ones when they weren't their own.

A further addition:
Before each round, we pull out a card from Who's in the Bag and the person whose turn it is chooses which person our invention is for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. My group still likes to play with the "classic" rules from the Cheapass version. I'd like to give this a try though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Lucky
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
This keeps the game as simple as something like Dixit which makes it great for kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.