Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Thunderstone Advance: Root of Corruption» Forums » General

Subject: Thunderstone Aid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lonewolf
France
flag msg tools
When can we expect to see an update to the iPhone app integrating Root of corruption ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering the same thing! In the meantime, though, you can use thundermaster! http://www.asmor.com/scripts/tsrand/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jdanish wrote:
I was wondering the same thing! In the meantime, though, you can use thundermaster! http://www.asmor.com/scripts/tsrand/


If you don't mind my asking, what is it you prefer about the app over Thundermaster?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Asmor wrote:
If you don't mind my asking, what is it you prefer about the app over Thundermaster?


Oh, actually I only use Thundermaster since it currently does everything I need. I was only wondering when the official app would update because I've been watching it to see if it does at some point add some killer features worth the $. Not that it's so much money, but with a free alternative that works great, why bother?

I do like the idea that the app displays the card text because depending on the table layout it is easier to sometimes read the cards on the app rather than constantly grabbing the cards and the like, but that's not enough switch from Thundermaster yet for me.

I really like Dominion Vault (the iOS app) because it includes not only the card text, but FAQ text for each card. I think having that additional characteristic would put me over the edge to buy an app for Thunderstone as well.

I hope that helps!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
jdanish wrote:
I was wondering the same thing! In the meantime, though, you can use thundermaster! http://www.asmor.com/scripts/tsrand/


If you don't mind my asking, what is it you prefer about the app over Thundermaster?

I always tend to prefer native apps.
But all native randomizer apps (even the offical one!) end up not being updated in time. (And this is beyond me.)

So I guess I'll use your own online randomizer from now on.
Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I do have a question, Asmor: how do I get a Thunderstone Bearer in your randomizer? Right now all I get is a Thunderstone.
(And I'd love to get both...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:
Asmor wrote:
jdanish wrote:
I was wondering the same thing! In the meantime, though, you can use thundermaster! http://www.asmor.com/scripts/tsrand/


If you don't mind my asking, what is it you prefer about the app over Thundermaster?

I always tend to prefer native apps.
But all native randomizer apps (even the offical one!) end up not being updated in time. (And this is beyond me.)

So I guess I'll use your own online randomizer from now on.
Thanks!


Well, if it's just a plain preference for native apps then there's not much I can do there. However, I have gone through some steps to make Thundermaster behave very much like a native app. For example, after loading it once, you can use it offline. And if you save the bookmark to your home screen, it should have an appropriate Thunderstone icon.

weishaupt wrote:
I do have a question, Asmor: how do I get a Thunderstone Bearer in your randomizer? Right now all I get is a Thunderstone.
(And I'd love to get both...)


The Thunderstone Bearers are lumped in with the Thunderstones. You can specify that you'd like more Thunderstones, but you can't say that you want to have at least 1 Thunderstone Bearer and at least 1 Thunderstone.

Sorry.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
weishaupt wrote:
Asmor wrote:
jdanish wrote:
I was wondering the same thing! In the meantime, though, you can use thundermaster! http://www.asmor.com/scripts/tsrand/


If you don't mind my asking, what is it you prefer about the app over Thundermaster?

I always tend to prefer native apps.
But all native randomizer apps (even the offical one!) end up not being updated in time. (And this is beyond me.)

So I guess I'll use your own online randomizer from now on.
Thanks!


Well, if it's just a plain preference for native apps then there's not much I can do there. However, I have gone through some steps to make Thundermaster behave very much like a native app. For example, after loading it once, you can use it offline. And if you save the bookmark to your home screen, it should have an appropriate Thunderstone icon.

I've done exactly that!

Quote:

weishaupt wrote:
I do have a question, Asmor: how do I get a Thunderstone Bearer in your randomizer? Right now all I get is a Thunderstone.
(And I'd love to get both...)


The Thunderstone Bearers are lumped in with the Thunderstones. You can specify that you'd like more Thunderstones, but you can't say that you want to have at least 1 Thunderstone Bearer and at least 1 Thunderstone.

Sorry.

Doesn't a standard setup of Advance require a Thunderstone Bearer?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:
Doesn't a standard setup of Advance require a Thunderstone Bearer?


The Thunderstone Bearer is generally instead of, not in addition to, the Thunderstone from previous versions. It's also not strictly required. You could certainly play a set that's all cards from Thunderstone Advance except use an older Thunderstone.

If the only sets you have selected are Advance, then you'll always get a Thunderstone Bearer.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Tube
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
eye, eye, eye, eye, eye, eye like you very much
badge
eye, caramba!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Thundermaster on-line and as an App like feature on my phone.
Great Job and thank you.

But I have one issue:
The Guardian rules within RoC state that "Thunderstone Bearers also have the Guardian keyword. You may use Thunderstone Bearers from previous sets as normal Guardians."
However, Thundermaster only allows Archdruid to be a guardian.

Can this be changed?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lee Barl0w wrote:
I use Thundermaster on-line and as an App like feature on my phone.
Great Job and thank you.

But I have one issue:
The Guardian rules within RoC state that "Thunderstone Bearers also have the Guardian keyword. You may use Thunderstone Bearers from previous sets as normal Guardians."
However, Thundermaster only allows Archdruid to be a guardian.

Can this be changed?


Long story short, no.

For the full story, see here: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/12763530#12763530
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Tube
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
eye, eye, eye, eye, eye, eye like you very much
badge
eye, caramba!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, fair enough.
Thanks for all you've done to-date.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.