Nikos Hee
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Trying to find time to play...
mbmbmbmbmb
About the nobility tile "Get 3 PP per set of 2 family members on the region tracks"

If I have 3 FM on one region and 3 FM on another region do I get 9 PP for 6 FM on region tracks (6FM/2=3sets so-> 3sets*3PP/set=9PP)
or will I get 6 PP for having 1 full set in each region? (3FM/2=1set per different region so-> 2sets*3PP/set=6PP)

Isn't this nobility tile broken compared with the tile "get a number of PP equal to the number of players for each pair of own adjacent Family members on the tracks"? which is very difficult to accomplish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xodroolis wrote:
About the nobility tile "Get 3 PP per set of 2 family members on the region tracks"

If I have 3 FM on one region and 3 FM on another region do I get 9 PP for 6 FM on region tracks (6FM/2=3sets so-> 3sets*3PP/set=9PP)
or will I get 6 PP for having 1 full set in each region? (3FM/2=1set per different region so-> 2sets*3PP/set=6PP)

Isn't this nobility tile broken compared with the tile "get a number of PP equal to the number of players for each pair of own adjacent Family members on the tracks"? which is very difficult to accomplish?

I don't have the game in front of me, but I am pretty sure it means "3pp for every 2 FM in the regions."

I do not believe this is broken. If anything, I think the other tile you mentioned (Npp for every pair of adjacent FM in regions) may be weak or generally avoided, for the reason you mention.

However, it's possible that one is just subtle, like the Gate space in Cayus, and could be very lucrative if tricky to use. For example, if you manage 3 FM in a row, that's 2 sets of adjacent FMs, and even in a 2p game (where that's probably much easier to do) that's 4vp for 3 dudes (vs 3vp for 2 dudes). In a higher player count game that could be pretty strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One applies to the "Region tracks" and one applies to "the tracks" (which presumably includes the Nobility and City Council tracks). So the latter is harder to accomplish in one sense (adjacent) but permits more flexibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chally wrote:
One applies to the "Region tracks" and one applies to "the tracks" (which presumably includes the Nobility and City Council tracks). So the latter is harder to accomplish in one sense (adjacent) but permits more flexibility.

Oh yeah, that too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
xodroolis wrote:

It's definitely not broken.
First: If you manage to get 6 family members on two tracks, it's quite probable that you have 2 pairs with 8 points. That's not such a big difference.
Second: Noone says that every tile is worth exactly the same. There must be some tiles for which is nice to enter this track early.

And if you enter the track at the end of the game after you played a "Florence strategy", you might already have 2 pairs on the Florence tracks but only 2 or 3 family members in the regions. In this case of course the tile with the adjacent figures is better!

So what Ben wrote is exactly the point ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Hee
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Trying to find time to play...
mbmbmbmbmb
OK for the "broken" issue.

Any answer to my first question?

9 or 6 pp?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grietens
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We did have another problem during our first play.

Someone succeeded to have 4 adjacent FM on the Nobility track. He also collected the Nobility tile "Get a number of PP equal to the number of players for each pair of own adjacent Family members on the tracks.

The question, does this player gain 2x 3(players) = 6 points, or 3x 3(players) = 9 points.

xx xx and x xx x

or just xx xx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magritte wrote:

Someone succeeded to have 4 adjacent FM on the Nobility track. He also collected the Nobility tile "Get a number of PP equal to the number of players for each pair of own adjacent Family members on the tracks.

The question, does this player gain 2x 3(players) = 6 points, or 3x 3(players) = 9 points.

xx xx and x xx x

or just xx xx

I believe it would be 9 points... xx xx and x xx x
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Magritte wrote:

xx xx and x xx x

or just xx xx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Posting to this thread instead of starting a new one. The tile that says gain 3 PP for set of 2 family members on Region tracks. What are Region tracks. It's confusing to me because other tiles use the term "outside Regions" making me think that Florence is also a region. But it also seems to use the province symbol in the iconography.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Posting to this thread instead of starting a new one. The tile that says gain 3 PP for set of 2 family members on Region tracks. What are Region tracks. It's confusing to me because other tiles use the term "outside Regions" making me think that Florence is also a region. But it also seems to use the province symbol in the iconography.

"Regions" exclusively refer to the three exterior tracks. The other two areas are the Florence tracks. The phrase "outside Regions" is redundant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
chally wrote:
she2 wrote:

"Regions" exclusively refer to the three exterior tracks. The other two areas are the Florence tracks. The phrase "outside Regions" is redundant.

Gotcha. That's how we interpeted in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.