I started a guild for my RPG club (probably a waste of time since none of them seem to feel inclined to join it, but that's another matter) and was pleased to see that BGG auto-compiles a list of all the games that guild members own. Awesome! Now I have a convenient way to show people what we can play!

So I sent the link for the collection out to people, and it turns out that they need to register here to see it. Bah. I wasn't aware of this, and managed to irritate some people.

Wouldn't it make more sense to be able to share this very important information with potential new members who aren't on the 'Geek and don't want to register for yet another site that they don't intend to use?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a problem I have had, but it makes a lot of sense and I agree.

Might be hard to fix, though, if user info can't be displayed at all without registering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Personal game collections are viewable without registering, so the fact that guild collections aren't doesn't make any sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
silverleaf79 wrote:
Personal game collections are viewable without registering, so the fact that guild collections aren't doesn't make any sense.

Then it indeed doesn't make any sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.