Popular Tags: [View All]
Wes Baker
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there, I'm starting up a regularly meeting board game group in Fredericksburg, VA. I'd like to encourage anyone with any interest at all to take a look at our Meetup.com page as we start to add events. Initially, it will be a slow start (starting in the Holiday season was probably a bad idea), but the goal is to grow the group so we have enough people to have several games going at the same time. Currently I'm planning on meeting at a local brewery's pub, but I'm thinking of adding other venues and alternating between them. Date and time is up in the air at the moment, but I'm planning on alternating between Wednesday and Thursday each week and starting around 6:00.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know and I'll try to incorporate them if they make sense.

Wes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cathleen Feduke
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good luck with this Wes! Please feel free to advertise it on our forums as well and tell the Monday night crew about it. Meetups for board gaming have died alone and sad in Fredericksburg in the past...maybe the addition of alcohol will help. I'd join but my 8 week old says no beer in the boobies and definitely no to going out without her. She's a pretty articulate little girl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Baker
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Cathy, I'll be sure to mention something on Monday and I'll put something into the forums as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele S
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Wes, I just joined your meetup group. Weekends would work best for us due to work, dogs, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Baker
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense. I'm thinking of doing weekly weekday meetups and semi-regular weekend meetups. What do you think of noon to 5 or so on every other or every fourth Saturday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele S
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wesbaker wrote:
That makes sense. I'm thinking of doing weekly weekday meetups and semi-regular weekend meetups. What do you think of noon to 5 or so on every other or every fourth Saturday?

That sounds perfect, especially if it's a regular event that I can plan ahead for, we should be able to make most afternoon Saturday meetups cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.