Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for Japanese games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott F
msg tools
Does anyone know of any other games of Japanese origins other than "Go" and "Shogi"?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Japon Brand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there is this list:
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/71290/japanese-games

And this:
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/4373/japanese-games-with-e...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
String Railway was designed by a Japanese person and I believe that the station tiles have Japanese writing on them (at least in Tom Vasel's copy of the game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to check out Hanafuda. There are dozens of games you can play with a deck of these cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

In addition to Go and Shogi....I agree that Hanafuda is the most Japanese game that I know of. That was a game often played at New Years. I'm not sure how the game works, but it's very common in Japan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mb
Yamato: The Game of Fleet Battle in the Pacific Ocean - Published in Japan by Tsukuda Hobbies

Red Star Rising: The War in Russia, 1941-1944 and Stalingrad Pocket II are a few of the titles that were designed by Masahiro Yamazaki.

There are also a number of card games designed and produced in Japan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.