Subject: A few questions on the rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Cricket
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Having gone through the rules (version 2.0.3) of Rio de la Plata in some detail I have a few questions which I’d be very grateful to have answered.

1. If I place 3 workers on a legitimate empty space within the City map, I can, in the Effect Phase, build a Hut using 2 of the workers. I cannot, in the same turn, build a House. What happens to the third worker? Does he stay on the newly-built Hut (as he will be able to build a House next turn and I cannot voluntarily remove an unused worker from a city space) or does he get removed because he is unable to do anything just now(as per the FAQ in relation to activating a building)?

2. Can the Palace or Cathedral be built again if destroyed in war?

3. If the Ship departs early, does the Shipowner get a silver coin both from the player who causes it to leave and from the bank?

4. During a War, when a stack of mixed tokens forms from two groups of 2, does it have to be agreed between the owning players which colour goes on top or is it the token(s) which are the last to move into the space? Both these processes are mentioned in the rules.

5. During a War, to get a bonus movement for a stack of tokens I can discard another stack. Does the stack discarded have to be the same size as the one getting the bonus move?

Many thanks to anyone who can help me with these questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. yes.
2. yes.
3. no, 1 coin from the player. This player will pay 1 to him and 1 to the bank.
4. agreement is necessary.
5. no, anyone

Ciao!
Michele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Cricket
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Many thanks Michele. Good to have clarity.

micheleq wrote:
1. yes.

I'm afraid my first question was a double question (bad questioning technique!). I think your reply means that the third (unused) worker stays on the newly-built Hut?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yes :-)

Michele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Cricket
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Michele. Really looking forward to playing this game now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.